diy solar

diy solar

Thoughts (help with battery install)?

@prepared_life

Newbie to Solar here for Knowledge
Secured a new eg4 life power 4 battery. This brings my total to 7. I turned off everything as needed and wired the battery up after charging them all to full. I followed this turn on sequence. 1. Turned battery breakers on ( ensured all dips were where they needed to be before hand, the breakers were not the ones on the batteries). Inverters were off, as in button not depressed. 2 .Turned on the actual batteries starting with the master working my way down waiting for each battery to cycle before moving to the next. 3. Turned the 2p1 inverter on followed by the 2p2 inverter and let them cycle. 4. turned on the pv arrays at disconnect and let them cycle. 5. turned on ac in breaker.
After ac in got a F80 fault after a couple minutes. Turned everything off and restarted the process - same F80 issue. Inverters will run with ac in off but will fault f80 with ac in on. All I did was add a battery. Any suggestions? Luckily I had two extra inverters on standby and was able to swap the faulted one out. Everything seems to be running fine now at the inverters. Just letting them run for now without sending power to the house to gauge any further issue.

@Adam De Lay @SignatureSolarJess @EG4_Jared

Yeah it doesn’t make much sense to me why you would get that with AC IN turned on. It’s kinda an odd error though. I’ve seen it for PV issues, battery comms issues and now AC IN issues…

Just spitballing…
- Does it still happen if you turn off the new battery?
- are all the batteries on the same firmware?

Secured a new eg4 life power 4 battery. This brings my total to 7. I turned off everything as needed and wired the battery up after charging them all to full. I followed this turn on sequence. 1. Turned battery breakers on ( ensured all dips were where they needed to be before hand, the breakers were not the ones on the batteries). Inverters were off, as in button not depressed. 2 .Turned on the actual batteries starting with the master working my way down waiting for each battery to cycle before moving to the next. 3. Turned the 2p1 inverter on followed by the 2p2 inverter and let them cycle. 4. turned on the pv arrays at disconnect and let them cycle. 5. turned on ac in breaker.
After ac in got a F80 fault after a couple minutes. Turned everything off and restarted the process - same F80 issue. Inverters will run with ac in off but will fault f80 with ac in on. All I did was add a battery. Any suggestions? Luckily I had two extra inverters on standby and was able to swap the faulted one out. Everything seems to be running fine now at the inverters. Just letting them run for now without sending power to the house to gauge any further issue.

@Adam De Lay @SignatureSolarJess @EG4_Jared

I would make sure to check what Adam has mentioned in thread. Also, confirm whether the 6500 units are up-to-date with the latest firmware. If they have, I'd then verify the presence of the neutral-ground bond screw.

Back