diy solar

diy solar

Battery Monitor 8888 error

Xenos

I have a battery monitor which came attached to my 300aH LiFePO4
As of yesterday 8888s appeared
The battery also has an isolation switch attached and when turned of the monitor still stays on with this error code.

Any ideas?276008256_277262204562205_4809701496231120034_n.jpg

It looks like it is in display self test mode.
Is this premade battery pack?
Are you able to disconnect the Power wire to this monitor and let it sit for 5 ~ 10 minutes to then hook it back up and see if it is reset?
Can you show the pictures of the rest of the battery pack?

Thanks Bud Martin. It's a part of the battery. I gave the monitor unit a bit of a lift with a screwdriver and it will probably pop out easy enough. It's a new battery and under warranty. I contacted the seller and he's yet to respond.

275819114_385573296408738_253666187566246666_n.jpg

So does the meter turned off when the breaker set to off position?
You have just one battery, correct?

Yes only the one. I switched the breaker and it still stays on.
I thought I will turn it off for a couple of hours.
I'm about to go to town in a moment so it will be a good opportunity to see if it does close down.
I'll comment in a few hours. :)

Yes only the one. I switched the breaker and it still stays on.
I thought I will turn it off for a couple of hours.
I'm about to go to town in a moment so it will be a good opportunity to see if it does close down.
I'll comment in a few hours. :)
That means the monitor will just keep on draining the battery when the breaker is off. I wonder how much current it is drawing from the battery.

That means the monitor will just keep on draining the battery when the breaker is off. I wonder how much current it is drawing from the battery.
I got back from town and the monitor was off while the breaker was off. Good result but (gremlins?)

But when breaker was back on and monitor came on and stays on with the 8888 still showing.

It's got me beat. I may have to disconnect the monitor and see if it comes good.
But I'll have to wait for the seller to contact me, having a warranty involved.
I checked out a video and it appears that this type of monitor is connected to a shunt and hopefully using plugs. .

I wonder if the monitor is still getting the power and then it goes to sleep/standby after a while. The fact that it stays on even when the breaker is in the off position which means the breaker is not cutting off the power to the monitor, the breaker just cuts off the power to the battery output terminals only.

Breaker in off position is now switching monitor off. Yesterday it stayed on with breaker in off position. It seems to have resolved that problem but it still shows 8888. I was wondering the internal BMS is at fault.

Not BMS issue, as you can see, it is stuck in display test mode, the display test mode will do the self test by turning on all the LCD segments on, that is why you see 8 on all the number display.

Not BMS issue, as you can see, it is stuck in display test mode, the display test mode will do the self test by turning on all the LCD segments on, that is why you see 8 on all the number display.
Would that mean the monitor has a fault issue?
If I was to add an external monitor would that work?
I had thought to prise the faulty one out a bit to see how it's attached.

Screenshot 2022-03-24 at 1.19.38 PM.png

I would try to disconnect the power to the meter, then wait for 15 minutes or so and then power it back up to see if it will reset itself. It looks like just a typical meter being sold on EBAY/ALIEXPRESS/AMAZON.
May be try to download the user manual to if if there is a way to perform reset, it has only one button on the front, so you may try push and hold the button for 10 seconds and see if it will reset or not.
No response from the seller?

I would try to disconnect the power to the meter, then wait for 15 minutes or so and then power it back up to see if it will reset itself. It looks like just a typical meter being sold on EBAY/ALIEXPRESS/AMAZON.
May be try to download the user manual to if if there is a way to perform reset, it has only one button on the front, so you may try push and hold the button for 10 seconds and see if it will reset or not.
No response as yet. He said he contacted the manufacturer and was waiting on the reply. But I know how these things pan out. So I may just prise the meter out and have a peek.
I did hold the button down many times for many seconds.
I found the manual and it only shows how to use the monitor. There's nothing showing the 888 problem or anything about resetting. It does say when first connected it will show as the screenshot below.

Screenshot 2022-03-24 at 1.58.19 PM.png

I prised it up and there's very little room to mess around in. The other option is to take the 14 screws holding down the lid but the warranty is something I wish not to compromise. I may try plan A and remove the positive wire??

Here's a photo
and I found a youtube showing the 888s on start up.
I'll post the youtube at this 8888 start up sequence.
I hope there's no ads for you which I find annoying.

275862970_507326067466146_8255229288185395151_n.jpg

Yep, the 888 is the self test mode when first power unit as I expected.
It does not look like it will be easy for you to remove the + External power supply wire (@8:08 time stamp on the video since you cannot remove the meter out further to push on the connector to release the wire.

Yep, the 888 is the self test mode when first power unit as I expected.
It does not look like it will be easy for you to remove the + External power supply wire (@8:08 time stamp on the video since you cannot remove the meter out further to push on the connector to release the wire.
Thanks Bud for your help.
I'll post back here if I do resolve the problem.

diy solar

diy solar
Back