diy solar

diy solar

Battery question

BillM7

I am building a small solar setup. My question is what is the best quality cheap battery. I want 2 100 ah lifepo4 batteries but I don't want to pay $800 a pop for battleborns, if I can help it. I was looking on Amazon and they have a power queen lifepo4 battery for around $300 something. That is a good price. Only issue is I have no idea the quality of the batteries. So I thought I would ask here. I Want quality and a decent price what do y'all recommend?

Ps I have 3 150watt solar panels. I am still deciding on charge controller. It will be mppt. And this setup will be powering an amateur radio along with fans and lights. The controller needs to not produce radio interference. There are some charge controllers specializing in this such as bioenno and genasun.

I am open to any and all recommendations on this setup. Thank You all for the input.
Bill

See Will's page for suggested batteries:

PowerQueen/Chins/Ampertime are all pretty much the same. As long as you're not worried about charging below freezing any of them should be fine. Make sure the unit you get has at least a 100A BMS discharge rate though.

Thank You for your input y'all. I appreciate it. I think I will go with the SOK batteries!

Does anyone have an opinion on charge controller. I have 3 150 watt panels. Looking for an RFI free charge controller. This is for an amateur radio setup.

diy solar

diy solar
Back