diy solar

diy solar

Battery question

Traviss224

I have three 51.2 ruixu batteries that I love. I am thinking of adding onto that system.

I want to dabble into building a diy setup. If I got 16 of the 280ah diy cells and built a battery, can they be hooked to a bus bar with my ruixu s? Would it matter that that battery is 280ah?

Its not the AH that is the issue its the voltage, your DIY should be also 51.2 so no issue if it is long term. Short term make sure the measured voltage of the DIY is close to the measured Ruixu batteries as amps will flow between the higher voltage to the lower voltage until they equalise. The closer the voltage the lower the amps when they are joined.

This shouldn't be a problem at all. Try to make sure there's not too large of a difference in Voltage (anything less than 0.1V is fine) when you hook them up to the bus bar. But otherwise, there shouldn't be any issues. Mixing different capacity batteries is totally fine with LFP as long as the cell count is the same, and it sounds like they would both be 16s.

If I fully charged my existing batteries, disconnect them, hook up the diy batteries cycle them for a week and fully charge them, then parallel them? This would be ok?

Back