diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200MAX and 5 PV200 panels

jepaz

Not sure if my setup is working right, with the following Bluetti AC200MAX and 5 PV200 panels in Serial: I get 40w and then it just goes to 0w. If I remove a panel, it goes to ~220w, shouldn't I be able to run all 5 panels in serial? If not can I run 3s2p? Any help appreciated!

I have a solar generator, but not Bluetti, so all I can do is read their spec sheet.

With 145 DC input capability and a VmP of only 20.5 per panel, I don’t think putting 5 in series is a problem.

With my homemade solar generator, when I hook more panels up and the power goes lower and then to 0, its usually a wiring problem. I have found recessed pins to be my most common problem on my Anderson Powerpole plugs.

For the Blutetti AC200, The max solar input is 9.7 amps, so if you put your PV200 with max output of 9.7 amps per string in parallel for 19.4 amps, it could shut down for that.

Not sure if my setup is working right, with the following Bluetti AC200MAX and 5 PV200 panels in Serial: I get 40w and then it just goes to 0w. If I remove a panel, it goes to ~220w, shouldn't I be able to run all 5 panels in serial? If not can I run 3s2p? Any help appreciated!
Based off the parts listed above, yeah it should work. Can you add a drawing or a picture of how your wiring is? Also, have you got a multimeter to verify Voc on each panel set to see if they are all good?

My understanding is that the Bluetti solar panels are not waterproof. Which means they cant be left out when it rains. What's the use of them when camping or using them outdoors?? So can waterproof fixed panels be used instead?

My understanding is that the Bluetti solar panels are not waterproof. Which means they cant be left out when it rains. What's the use of them when camping or using them outdoors?? So can waterproof fixed panels be used instead?
Where did you get they are not waterproof? Bluetti’s website says “durable and waterproof.”

I also think it would be hard to make a panel that can’t be left in the rain.

Where did you get they are not waterproof? Bluetti’s website says “durable and waterproof.”

I also think it would be hard to make a panel that can’t be left in the rain.
they're "【SPLASHPROOF & DURABLE】" according to Bluetti. Splash isnt quite the same as a rainstorm or shower

they're "【SPLASHPROOF & DURABLE】" according to Bluetti. Splash isnt quite the same as a rainstorm or shower
DFBC672F-6DFE-4267-8797-9CC7F1DB1441.jpeg
What do you have that says the solar panels are not wateproof?

bluetti’s website says the panels are durable and waterproof. Perhaps not waterproof enough to set up in the bottom of a pool,and perhaps the bluettti generator is not water proof, and maybe it has an actual IP65 rating, but I see nothing that indicates you need to lose sleep because this $280 panel got rained on.

I don’t have a Bluetti portable panel, I use Lion Energy so I could be wrong, but I tend to trust reputable company’s websites.

View attachment 90359
What do you have that says the solar panels are not wateproof?

bluetti’s website says the panels are durable and waterproof. Perhaps not waterproof enough to set up in the bottom of a pool,and perhaps the bluettti generator is not water proof, and maybe it has an actual IP65 rating, but I see nothing that indicates you need to lose sleep because this $280 panel got rained on.

I don’t have a Bluetti portable panel, I use Lion Energy so I could be wrong, but I tend to trust reputable company’s websites.

Bottom right corner on their Amazon page

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 10.14.25 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 10.14.25 PM.png
    870.2 KB · Views: 15
Bottom right corner on their Amazon page
Odd that bluetti’s page says something different for the PV 200 on their website versus the Amazon site:

“Durable & Waterproof】With long-lasting ETFE material on the surface, it becomes more durable and scratch-resistant, while the IP65 waterproof standard makes it ideal for outdoor activities such as camping, fishing, hiking. (Please do not soak it in the water.)”

IP68 is fully waterproof and a quick google search reveals :

With an IP65 rating, the LEDs can be used in an outside setting and are water-resistant but they are not waterproof and are not suitable to be submerged. An IP68 can be submerged in water.

Back