diy solar

diy solar

BLUETTI AC200P and DOKIO 300 Watt solar panel connectors?

CaptainKP

Hi all,

I'm new to this and about to go full time for a few months and decided on getting an all-in-one system with some portable solar panels as I didn't want to modify my RV at all. I decided on the AC200P and the portable 300 watt folding panel from DOKIO. I purchased it all on Amazon.

One thing I can't figure out is compatibility between the two out of the box. Do I need to purchase any additional cables or adapters?

Here are the two products I purchased:

Hi Captain, and welcome to the forum.

I assume this is your second post, first with different user name.

In the first post you where letting us search for the specifications
By providing the product link now, it is a good improvement!

Quick answer: no.
It is not going to work.

The panel provide to low voltage:
Screenshot_20210130_213945.jpg
It is an 18 volt panel.

The bluetti:
Screenshot_20210130_213959.jpg
Needs Minimal 35v input voltage from the panels.

2 or more in series probably will work fine.

Personally I would just buy cheap China flexible panels, they aren't that large, also mostly 18 volts and easy to move around.
In a towel or so they won't be damaged easy.

But that is me :)

Your panel needs to be Minimal 35v.
Normal Is 36-38v for a standard 100* 200cm glass solar panel.

I hope this helps!

:)
Coincidence that 2 people like to combine the same 2 incompatible products.
:)

The positive remark about providing the link stays valid.

That makes it easier to provide answer.

i also have ac 200 and 3x dokio 320 plus 2x bluetti 120 for my solar pontoon aquos pf 380 boat and they are compatible in series but my trolling motor wont let me charge the battery while using it, repeats telling me i have to make sure i disconnect motor before charging battery, this put a crimp in my ease of operation,,,there must be a way of keeping electronics safe while charging ,

I have a different idea: How about rewiring the Dokio panel? When you look at the construction, you may note that it consists of four separate sub-panels each with 3x6=18 cells of 0.5V each. This means 9 volts nominal per subpanel. In the state it is delivered, the Dokio 300 is obviously wired 2p2s to reach the 18V nominal. If all four subpanels are connected in series, the Dokio will deliver the required 36V. A quick look at the construction revealed that the panel interconnect wire is quite accessible (sewn inside the read seam at the short sides of the panel). If anybody is interested, I'm happy to send pictures and a diagram since I am in the process of getting my Dokio 300W to charge my 8s LiFePo4 24V battery.

Always good to share pictures, as they say/explain more then a thousand words.

I don't have or use this system, still interested to see how it can be changed to normal 36v solar!

i have 3 dokio 320 and a bluetti ac200 and 2 bluetti 120 panels waiting for warm sun to check out

i also have ac 200 and 3x dokio 320 plus 2x bluetti 120 for my solar pontoon aquos pf 380 boat and they are compatible in series but my trolling motor wont let me charge the battery while using it, repeats telling me i have to make sure i disconnect motor before charging battery, this put a crimp in my ease of operation,,,there must be a way of keeping electronics safe while charging ,
Hi Scottybud,

I have issues connecting my 2 dokios to my bluetti c200p. Do you mind posting a few pictures of how you connected yours?
The link to my thread with all the pics is down below:
Post in thread 'Bluetti AC200P & Dokio 160 watts x 2' https://diysolarforum.com/threads/bluetti-ac200p-dokio-160-watts-x-2.19972/post-238476

Thanks!

I have a different idea: How about rewiring the Dokio panel? When you look at the construction, you may note that it consists of four separate sub-panels each with 3x6=18 cells of 0.5V each. This means 9 volts nominal per subpanel. In the state it is delivered, the Dokio 300 is obviously wired 2p2s to reach the 18V nominal. If all four subpanels are connected in series, the Dokio will deliver the required 36V. A quick look at the construction revealed that the panel interconnect wire is quite accessible (sewn inside the read seam at the short sides of the panel). If anybody is interested, I'm happy to send pictures and a diagram since I am in the process of getting my Dokio 300W to charge my 8s LiFePo4 24V battery.
I'd like pictures please...as well as connectors if needed to rewire the parallel into series(?).

I'd like pictures please...as well as connectors if needed to rewire the parallel into series(?).

I'm really sorry about this but the Dokio panel is still on a trip - I won't be able to have it in my hands to take pictures before the end of the month,

I have an ac200p running with 2 Dokio 320w panels and 1 Dokio 200w panel all wired in series. I use these sae to mc4 cables, they include a polarity reversing sae adapter which you will need to use as well.

Once these are plugged into the Dokio panels, then it is just MC4 cables to series the panels together and get them into the ac200p

Looking forward to the pictures and how you did it. As soon as they are posted here I will mod mine. Thank you.

Hi all,

I'm new to this and about to go full time for a few months and decided on getting an all-in-one system with some portable solar panels as I didn't want to modify my RV at all. I decided on the AC200P and the portable 300 watt folding panel from DOKIO. I purchased it all on Amazon.

One thing I can't figure out is compatibility between the two out of the box. Do I need to purchase any additional cables or adapters?

Here are the two products I purchased:

What did you end up doing and how do you like your decision? I am looking at the same setup that you mentioned above. I thought this was going to be a lot easier! This stuff confuses the heck out of me. ?

yes plz send any info on how to rewire, like the price on dokio

Back