diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti EB3A charging.

Dear Bryce Freeman,
Thank you so much for that and your kind attention.
However I'm not sure if this answers my question. I sent my EB3A back for repair under warranty as I was unable to view any input from my solar panel on the display, even on a sunny bright day, albeit the sun was at a Winter low elevation.
My concern is that it is possible nothing will register on the display unless the input is greater than a required minimum amount.
Do you have any idea that this might be the case and that, in actual fact, there was nothing wrong with my unit?
Thank you again for your kind indulgence.
Stewart.

What would be the minimum output from a solar panel in order for it to be displayed on the EB3A?
I have one and can tell you from experience.
Lowest reading and start of charging is 11W. Any value below will just trigger the MPPT consumption without charging and drain the unit.

Dear Bryce Freeman,
Thank you so much for that and your kind attention.
However I'm not sure if this answers my question. I sent my EB3A back for repair under warranty as I was unable to view any input from my solar panel on the display, even on a sunny bright day, albeit the sun was at a Winter low elevation.
My concern is that it is possible nothing will register on the display unless the input is greater than a required minimum amount.
Do you have any idea that this might be the case and that, in actual fact, there was nothing wrong with my unit?
Thank you again for your kind indulgence.
Stewart.
I had run into a similar issue but not sure it is the same issue. Were you by chance simply testing EB to see if the solar works or did the battery actually needed charging? To share with you what happened to me. I was testing my power station to see how much input i will get from my potable solar. I wasn't getting any input at all.

After scratching my head a bit and some deep thoughts :) realized that the battery was at 99% charge and so I brought it down to 95%...voila, the solar panel started pumping 170 watts.

I had run into a similar issue but not sure it is the same issue. Were you by chance simply testing EB to see if the solar works or did the battery actually needed charging? To share with you what happened to me. I was testing my power station to see how much input i will get from my potable solar. I wasn't getting any input at all.

After scratching my head a bit and some deep thoughts :) realized that the battery was at 99% charge and so I brought it down to 95%...voila, the solar panel started pumping 170 watts.
Thank you, Sarity. I have repositioned my panel and added a second, same size and capacity. So, I will see if that will help me in getting sufficient charge to activate the display. (Not much sun especially at the low winter elevation at the moment). The % battery level was forever low until artificially raised using my AC generator. So, I will persevere and look forward to success. Thank you for your very helpful tip and for your kind indulgence.

Back