diy solar

diy solar

BMS for 3 separate 48v batteries

mburris

I apologize for not looking through the numerous threads that probably deal with this issue, but I am looking for the latest and best information.

I am building an RV system that will include 3 kw PV. 6Kw inverter/charger. Backed up with 3.2kw generator.

The battery storage will consist of 48 x 3.2 x 180ah cells.

I will be constructing 3 separate batteries from these cells (16s) at 48v each. I would like to connect them to a central buss with an automatic disconnect device for each battery from the central buss.

I am soliciting advice on a compatible BMS and relay for connecting each battery to the central buss. The BMS needs to have over voltage, under voltage, over temp, under temp, and individual cell monitoring that will trip the relay. The relay needs to be able to handle forward and reverse polarity (charging and discharging). I would love to know of a relay and sensor that can also handle tripping the circuit for the aforementioned conditions. I could set the relay to a higher value, and the BMS to a lower value for redundancy.

Please let me know if you recommend a 180a or less fuse/breaker before or after the relay.

P.S. Don't judge me for a 27kw battery in an RV. When "momma" wants to make toast and run the coffee maker at the same time....she gonna get it.

Update: Prefer remote readout of BMS.

Last edited:
Back