diy solar

diy solar

BMS PC software for Amensolar "Ampleness" batteries

ageorge95

Hi guys,

Does anyone own an Ampleness LiFePo4 battery (either server rack or stackable) ? (I own 2 of these https://www.amensolar.com/85ah-44kw...v-85ah-44kwh-solar-energy-low-voltage-battery)

If you do have a similar battery from Amensolar, have you figured out what software is needed for the communication between a PC and the battery's BMS ?

I mention that I have bought several RS485 to USB adapters and tried multiple times with the various pieces of BMS software out there but I could not connect to the BMS no matter what I tried.

I tried to contact the manufacturer (Amensolar) but they do not want to provide the software (not sure why they keep it a secret, the BMS is trash anyways). Recently I had to manually balance the cells as one cell was really out of balance and the BMS was constantly shutting down the battery at ~40%SOC. The battery is no longer shutting down after my "manual intervention" for a couple of months now, but I would still like to read the cells voltage at least to make sure that I am indeed using most of the battery.

This is my first post here so sorry if I wrote something wrong. And thank you :) !

Never purchase anything from this fraudulent company. I purchased a few Pylontech batteries from them with a 6-year warranty. But after one battery cell got defective, they just refused to replace it and even blocked me from the Alibaba platform. Later, I contacted the battery manufacturer, and they confirmed that indeed, this company is not an authorized reseller of Pylontech products.

The same may apply to all their other products, such as inverters and batteries. The person behind this, Denny Wu, is a scammer, and you won't get any refund in case of a defective item.

If you need more information, please DM me.

Hi,

I have the same issue: BMS is shutting down battery around 40% SOC. So I thought the cells are out of balance. So, to debug the issue, I've tried to connect to BMS from a PC, but nothing worked (tried with RS485-USB adapter with SEPLOS BatteryMonitor software).
Did you solve your issue with Ampleness, communication and balancing?

May the sun shine on your panels! :)

Back