diy solar

diy solar

Daly 250a BMS UART port not functioning

coltfred

Hey all,

I have a Daly 250a BMS that I'm using to run a 12v 560 AH battery. I've been using for about a year or so. At first the UART port (with the bluetooth module) was working great. I just went to look at the state of the cells the other day and found that it was no longer working. I pulled the battery out of my van and tried to do some debugging. I disconnected the UART connection and checked the power between the pins. I found this video that seemed to indicate that I should be getting 3.3v on the green pin. Mine was not (less than 1v on a multimeter). I then tried to hook up via UART to my PC, but even though the COM port appeared in my list there was nothing displayed in their less than stellar software. As a last ditch effort I did cut the green wire and wire it to one of my cells. I verified the cell was giving it 3.28-3.3v, but the bluetooth still doesn't work.

Now, finally on to my question. Can I continue to USE the BMS? I checked the voltage of all the cells and they're almost identical voltages. The battery (through the BMS) shows 13.3v and seems to accept a charge fine. I have a trip planned in a few weeks and if I can't use it I need to get a BMS right away. I was looking at the 200a jbd. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Now, finally on to my question. Can I continue to USE the BMS? I checked the voltage of all the cells and they're almost identical voltages. The battery (through the BMS) shows 13.3v and seems to accept a charge fine. I have a trip planned in a few weeks and if I can't use it I need to get a BMS right away. I was looking at the 200a jbd. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

The only way you'll know is if you test the protection limits.

Back