diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS 24S Will Not Calibrate Current

Catch2223

I have a 24S Daly Smart BMS connected to a LiFePo4 pack that does not seem to take when I try to calibrate the current readings. The BMS was working fine for about 6 months then I noticed that will no load the BMS was reading -3.7A of current draw. When I noticed this issue I tried to do the "Current 0 Calibration" via the bluetooth app and saw no change. I tried several times to calibrate it with the bluetooth app (Smart BMS) and no change even with a restart.

After failing with the Bluetooth app I tried connecting my PC via UART and used the PC Master software (v2.1.8beta3). I tried to calibrate the current by doing the "Current Zero" followed by a "Calibrate Current X" with X in my case being entered as both 5A and 10A on separate occasions. Each time I tried the "Zero Current" option the box next to it turned yellow but after trying the "Calibrate Current X" button it would turn red, which I take to mean it failed.

Is there any documentation for what this current calibration process should look like? Is my BMS just faulty? I also tried using the Sinowealth software even after reading that it would not work with the 24S BMS as a last ditch effort and it was not able to connect as promised.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Without the current being accurate my 5amps of charging is not enough to read a positive value and as such enable the cell balancing.

I have a 24S Daly Smart BMS connected to a LiFePo4 pack that does not seem to take when I try to calibrate the current readings. The BMS was working fine for about 6 months then I noticed that will no load the BMS was reading -3.7A of current draw. When I noticed this issue I tried to do the "Current 0 Calibration" via the bluetooth app and saw no change. I tried several times to calibrate it with the bluetooth app (Smart BMS) and no change even with a restart.

After failing with the Bluetooth app I tried connecting my PC via UART and used the PC Master software (v2.1.8beta3). I tried to calibrate the current by doing the "Current Zero" followed by a "Calibrate Current X" with X in my case being entered as both 5A and 10A on separate occasions. Each time I tried the "Zero Current" option the box next to it turned yellow but after trying the "Calibrate Current X" button it would turn red, which I take to mean it failed.

Is there any documentation for what this current calibration process should look like? Is my BMS just faulty? I also tried using the Sinowealth software even after reading that it would not work with the 24S BMS as a last ditch effort and it was not able to connect as promised.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Without the current being accurate my 5amps of charging is not enough to read a positive value and as such enable the cell balancing.
Any update, were you able to resolve this?

Hey Mate

How did you go, with this, im seeing the same problem with a 17s 500A Daly BMS. im seeing a stray/phantom current of ~2A that flickers.

Ive tried the zero current calibration and it does bugger all.

Can anyone Help?

Back