diy solar

diy solar

BMS wiring question

RideBKK

Hello

Thank you for having me here. I am building up my solar system here in SE-Asia.

Panels probably will be 16 x 440W mono Seraphim shared by 2 strings.
Inverter Sofar solar HYD 6000-EP and 48V battery bank 2 x 16s (LiFePO4 280Ah cells).
Inverter max. Charge / Discharge rates are 100A.

I have been reading this forum but I haven’t found answer to my BMS questions.
As I have 2 set of 16s banks I plan to use 2 separate BMS.
How to connect 2 BMS to inverter and what connection I should use? Is there way to just use one BMS in this set up?
Any models for recommend.

I buy my equipments from China so Alibaba or Aliexpress are my choices (Daly etc…).

Much appreciated if someone share their knowledge of this matter.

Here is link to inverter specifications:

Thanks.

1. If you have two sets of 16S packs you need two separate BMSes.
  2. Once you get into multipack territory I think you need to be making conscious informed design decisions, not going off advice alone, particularly not my advice ;), but as a starting point: a common configuration for multi pack systems is for each pack (cells+BMS+disconnect+shunt possibly) to be wired separately to a common positive and negative busbar. All loads and chargers will be wired to these common busbars as well. That way each pack can operate semi-independently of the other.
  3. Which BMS to buy is a huge topic, covered many times already. If you are limited to AliB or AliX, your choices are Daly, JBD Smart BMS, Heltec Active Balancing, Chargery BMS, Ant BMS, and probably some others. A search on this forum will turn up many results for most of these (JBD Smart BMS is often referred to as "overkill solar BMS")
  4. @Steve_S knows a thing or two about multi-pack systems and has put some thought (and some trial/error) into how to do it right. He may have some more specific input. Actually he may have already covered this in a dedicated post, I don't recall.

Back