diy solar

diy solar

Bouge RV 40A charge controller not or very low charging.

Electro Dan-O

Current Situation
Alright, I've gone over everything multiple times and don't see anything I've messed up. Checked all connections, tested and swapped everything I can think of, checked settings and reset it. No fault codes and everything is "normal" but it's not charging more than 1A in full sun with a low battery. Worked great for a few months and then this. Anyone else have trouble with these? I really liked it while it was working...Screenshot_20230710-120322_ChargePro20.jpg

Naa, I made sure it was set for lithium. Definitely a good thought though! I'm pretty sure I've checked all the normal stuff. It's a really simple setup, not much to it. It hasn't been dropped or gotten wet. Haven't pushed it hard either. Seems odd. I've always had good luck with Bouge RV stuff...

Have you gotten it working again? If so, what was causing the issue?

I’m looking for a new charge controller and these BougeRV MPPT controllers caught my eye.

Yeah, I like the fact that they will automatically handle 12V - 48V at 40A. This could realistically put 2000W into 4 Serial 100AH 12V batteries. Such a nice tidy little solar cart.

But I want to find people who have tested this out and recommend it.

Update!

I've been in contact with Bouge RV and have exchanged a few emails with pictures and screenshots. So far they have been quick, helpful and expressed they will replace the unit if it is faulty. Definitely looking like a bad controller(to me). We'll see what happens...

Again, I was 100% happy with this thing! Even the app works great! I'm thinking it's a pretty rare occurrence to have issues with one. I haven't found anyone else that's had trouble. I've seen multiple people pushing some serious power through them with great results.

Last edited:
Update!

I've been in contact with Bouge RV and have exchanged a few emails with pictures and screenshots. So far they have been quick, helpful and expressed they will replace the unit if it is faulty. Definitely looking like a bad controller(to me). We'll see what happens...

Again, I was 100% happy with this thing! Even the app works great! I'm thinking it's a pretty rare occurrence to have issues with one. I haven't found anyone else that's had trouble. I've seen multiple people pushing some serious power through them with great results.
You've been very patient with this issue. And you are only using with one battery. What is the application? Does it get used daily?

Surprised it's taken this long to get them to get to this point.

You've been very patient with this issue. And you are only using with one battery. What is the application? Does it get used daily?

Surprised it's taken this long to get them to get to this point.

It's for my 17' solar/electric boat project. It gets used as a weekender during the summer. I don't rely on it for anything other than boat camping and learning this stuff. I'm always playing with it, trying to make it better. Current setup is 4x100w panels, DIY 105ah 12v lifepo4 batteries and a Haswing brushless motor. Pretty simple stuff.

To be clear, I just started emailing them this week and they have gotten back with me every time within a day. After confirming a few things, they are going to send a replacement and want this one sent back for testing. It's aggravating that it failed but I completely understand that sometimes things just break. Looks like they are going to take care of me and make it right. Definitely something to be said about that these days. Again, I think this is pretty rare.

Attachments

• 20230710_151337.jpg
    20230710_151337.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Update!

They sent a shipping label for returning the old one and also sent me a new controller at the same time. I'm officially back going! Very cool that they took care of everything. I'm a happy guy and definitely still a BougeRV fan! Let's go for a ride!??

Last edited:
Back