diy solar

diy solar

Brand new setup.

Skibuddy58

Bought a Sungold LFPV 12kw with 4 48V100ah batteries. I'm off grid, so I know this was an uninformed choice. Hopefully I'm not doomed. A few questions, though.
Three of my batteries seem to be functioning normally, while one is flashing an error light, but nothing shows up on the display when I look for it. It also shows .14%of charge while the others are almost 10%. Would like someone to visit with on an ongoing basis, as my last system was cobbled together over 25 years, and I knew it's warts. This is a new learning curve for me.

with 4 48V100ah batteries. I'm off grid,
are the batteries also SunGold?
if not what battery packs are you using?
Three of my batteries seem to be functioning normally, while one is flashing an error light, but nothing shows up on the display when I look for it. It also shows .14%of charge while the others are almost 10%.
0.14%? or do you mean 14%? The other 3 packs are 10% - that is pretty normal really, packs will be slightly different SOC as they charge and discharge.
In any event, 10-14% is very low SOC and if your off-grid, I expect you have a generator for back up - time to use it.
{if no back up generator, turn off all the loads until you get some sun and can charge those packs up above 20% SOC again.

What PV do you have and how is it connected to the SunGold? - ie what voltage and amperage is the PV and what are the limits on the SG PV input. You mentioned that this is a new set up, maybe the reason the batteries SOC is so low is the inverter is not charging them.

Back