diy solar

diy solar

BYD 25.6v Battery 5.63kwh

maxx123

purchased 2 of these batteries packs, I was not getting a good power reading using its own bms connection. only to find this. (1st pic)

= IMG_20191120_115428 (1).jpgbusbar error.jpg

The second picture is the bus bar fuse is losing its strength. there is one at each end both the same condition, positive is perfectly fine.

None of my cells ends look like that 2nd picture. It looks like something off gas'ed near that battery and attempted to eat it. Maybe in a giant shipping container and some cells let off......I would ask for a replacement for that unit.

Only problem I found on one of mine is the fan chewed up the balance wires.

My view is: One must expect over time batteries have any future problems Are taken out of service a corporation cannot afford major servers backup power supply to crash over poor maintenance. Which gives us DIY Junkies a sweet spot in saving $$
Please check over these carefully before installing them. They weight 162lbs, moving once is enough.

after studying them realizing it was the fuse link , both ends are the same on the neg bus bar, you can see the layers.

Picasso, good to hear from you, (y), I am taking out the circuit board running the bms and sensors, each connected to the battery is to the neg post?? Any bms it to be connected to the positive post. making sure to cross my T and dot my i,. The busbar has a fusible link on each one, not a tiny little wire.

Attachments

• IMG_20191130_110641.jpg
    IMG_20191130_110641.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
For those who are starting to receive these things: Do the cells appear to be in good shape? Also, where does the weight come from? A comparable amount of energy from, say, batteries like Battleborns would be far lighter unless my math is way off.

they have 2 huge aluminum heat exchanger plates they must weight 20lbs each the fan is a 24v is 1.75a all-metal screamer , it pumps out the air .I imagine the batteries kicked ass,

Did your BMS units have two boards in them? From what I can tell the single board units get +12v external to wake up the CAN transceiver.

The cells in your unit differ from the ones I have, the plastic vent cap part is not the same. I will update with pics from my units.

Last edited:
Back