diy solar

diy solar

Can deye 12kw hybrid inverter connect 2 diffrent batteries because it has 2x battery + inputs ,and 2x battery - inputs

jculina2012

guys deye 12kw hybrid inverter has 2 battery port inputs. one above each other. i dont know can both be used and what is the purpouse of this . nobody really explains this well. can i connect for example 10kwh battery 48v 200ah on port 1 , and another battery on port 2 of diffrent brand or how this works ?

Attachments

• 2 batteries port.png
    2 batteries port.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
Can't tell for sure from the photo but I do not think the upper bolts are for external battery connection but rather are for the AIO's internal wiring.

Parallel batteries needs to be the same , connected with BMS 485 internally and one master needs to connect to the inverter. DC needs to be on busbars with a fuse at least for main, better for each battery separated.

Not if you want all features of this class of inverters.
These feature rely upon a good soc, and voltage isn't that
I will not be running closed loop communication on my Deye, and I won't miss anything.
I actually prefer switching settings at voltage, instead of SOC.
It works much better for my needs.

Parallel batteries needs to be the same , connected with BMS 485 internally and one master needs to connect to the inverter. DC needs to be on busbars with a fuse at least for main, better for each battery separated.
I cannot agree with this.

I have 3 packs 16x280ah rack and one pack that is 16x310ah and it works as a charm.

guys deye 12kw hybrid inverter has 2 battery port inputs. one above each other. i dont know can both be used and what is the purpouse of this . nobody really explains this well. can i connect for example 10kwh battery 48v 200ah on port 1 , and another battery on port 2 of diffrent brand or how this works ?
for sure it’s only one input. Don’t touch upper bolts.

do you have experience with 12kw deye inverter for example will it be too much if load is 11kw for example 6 7 hours ? is that too much to have 10 11kw load ? i dont know is it good idea to run it near max level 12kw ?
I have 2 x 12kW and they work as a charm. Hence, I never went above 30% load on them so no experience there.

On the other hand, cooling on Deye looks very promising. They are heavy and sturdy comparing to ones I had before so I would be confident to make them run like that.

They can handle overload quite nicely also.

I have 2 x 12kW and they work as a charm. Hence, I never went above 30% load on them so no experience there.

On the other hand, cooling on Deye looks very promising. They are heavy and sturdy comparing to ones I had before so I would be confident to make them run like that.

They can handle overload quite nicely also.
i plan to buy 1 more 12kw deye to have 2 inverters. how does your wiring looks , did you paralell connect ac input and output of both inverters to same ac breakers ? i have now ac braker for ac input and ac output breaker . should i take ac input for second inverter paralelled from same breaker that is giving ac input to inverter number 1 or should i add 1x more ac input breaker and then paralell connect ac input breaker number 1 to ac input breaker number 2 , and also for ac output , should i add 1 more ac output breaker for inverter number 2 and paralell connect ac output lines on top or is it fine to use only 1 ac input and output breaker . what did you do ? of course i will set 1 to be master other to be slave. look at atachment which option is better

Attachments

• deyeparalell connection.jpg
    deyeparalell connection.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 2
  • deyeparalell connection 2.jpg
    deyeparalell connection 2.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back