diy solar

diy solar

Can I make this equipment work

scott32

Can I make this equipment work. I already have it, so I hope so. It will be for an off-grid camp that will be used 5 or 6 times a year for 5 to days 6 days at a time with a generator hooked to if I need it. Will be running a couple led lights at night, phone charger, on demand water pump for pumping water from a river to a 100gal tank, showers and dishes. (Gas fridge, gas stove, on -demand gas water heater). I will also have a 5000btu 450w air conditioner for super-hot days only when we are inside.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-16 204709.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-16 204709.png
    591.2 KB · Views: 9
Yes?

OK, let me expound a little on that,

Everything is plenty for most of your loads and you can't go wrong with 3 panels. The only thing that makes it a maybe is that water pump. How big is it? How high are you lifting the water? The startup surge on pumps can be 3x-5x the running watts and horsepower ratings don't mean jack when you're calculating. For example, a 1Hp motor mathemagically calls for 735w but a 1Hp well pump at 300ft draws 2200w. On the pump should be a data plate that lists voltage and running amps and hopefully has something for LRA (locked rotor amps, AKA startup surge current) and as long as that surge is less than 2500w you should be OK.

I'm assuming there's also a pump running from the 100gal tank to the cabin to provide water pressure to the faucets? You'll have to calculate that in too unless it's on a tower and you're relying on gravity pressure.

On paper, barring that river pump, you look OK.

River is close so I will be using this pump.​

SEAFLO 33-Series Water Pressure Pump - 115V AC, 3.3 GPM, 45 PSI, Self-Priming, Smart Pressure Switch, UL & CSA Certified, for RV, Caravan, Off-Grid, Marine, and Industrial Use​

• Self-Priming up to 6 vertical feet
  • 3.3 GPM Flow Capacity, 115V AC Current Draw .75 amps (1.2 Max Amps)

According to the Growatt voltage range 60-115. Does this mean that I have to make sure the panels are producing at least 60v for the inverter to work? Thanks

According to the Growatt voltage range 60-115. Does this mean that I have to make sure the panels are producing at least 60v for the inverter to work? Thanks
60 volts yes. Also need 60 volts when panel voltage drops in a cloudy day. Also when voltage drops because of shade. Also when voltage drops because of heat.

All this without going over the max

diy solar

diy solar
Back