diy solar

diy solar

Can the 18KPV be used simultaneously with an existing micro inverter system

henglenn

I currently have a solar system installed that is grid tied with enphase battery backup. I was planning on adding more panels and an 18KPV. However, are there any potential issues I should be aware of? Can I just install the 18KPV and sell back the extra production? I have an 18KPV that I installed in another property. It was so easy that I thought I could do this for my main home. Would it make better sense to just add more panels with mico inverters? The only problem with that is I don't want to void the warranty and I don't know how to do it.

I currently have a solar system installed that is grid tied with enphase battery backup. I was planning on adding more panels and an 18KPV. However, are there any potential issues I should be aware of? Can I just install the 18KPV and sell back the extra production? I have an 18KPV that I installed in another property. It was so easy that I thought I could do this for my main home. Would it make better sense to just add more panels with mico inverters? The only problem with that is I don't want to void the warranty and I don't know how to do it.
The general answer is yes. You can AC couple the micro-inverters with the 18Kpv. At the same time you can add strings of PV to the MPPTs on the 18Kpv.

diy solar

diy solar
Back