Set to 3.65 CC
Charges at 18A
Voltage gets to 3.65 and current drops to <1
Multimeter confirms 3.65 at cell terminals

Rested for about an hour.

Connected to ET5410 with 10 Ga leads
Set to 38A 2.5A

Got 260Ah.
I recharged and was only able to put back about 260Ah.
2nd test came to the same result.

Am I missing a step or is my cell testing at 260Ah?

My multimeter is a Fluke 179. I used a 5v Reference and it reads 4.995.

Your testing methodology is sound. I will note that the ET5410 is not a 4 wire tester, so will likely shut off before the cell actually reaches 2.5v, likely between 2.6 and 2.7v. You are probably missing at most 1 amp hour due to that, so very accurate results. Indeed, the amp hours in measured by your Riden vs the amp hours out being so close is identical to my results. It does sound like your cell is around 260AH capacity.

You should have no problems using the full 40 amps the ET5410 is capable of, none of mine have had any problems. That won't make any difference in the results though.

I hate to say it, but it looks like a grade B at best.
My EVE grade B cells had two that measured 268, the other 14 were 274 to 281.

I validated my results with multiple tester designs and brands. The ET5410 is a very accurate device.

Yeah. I got another almost charged hopefully a better result will appear.

To overcome the voltage drop I set the current to go down to 5a at 2.59. The voltage drop then is only about .011v. The only issue for me is that it gives the cell a "break".

I think I would like to get the ebc-a40l. Not sure why I missed it before buying the ET5410.

47DC3D62-ADBA-4764-97EA-C21AA0BB012E.jpeg

Yeah. I got another almost charged hopefully a better result will appear.

To overcome the voltage drop I set the current to go down to 5a at 2.59. The voltage drop then is only about .011v. The only issue for me is that it gives the cell a "break".

I think I would like to get the ebc-a40l. Not sure why I missed it before buying the ET5410.

View attachment 64311
The EBC-A40L is great for testing cells, the ET5410 can test cells and battery packs. Both have their uses, and are very solid products.

That’s a good point. Guess I need both!
I just included that link since it is the best price I have seen since I bought mine for $176 (that includes shipping). I did have to wait 3 months to receive it, and likely with that price now, it's shipping by boat as well.

i am aching to get my hands on a ebca40l those shipping prices though :*(

i am aching to get my hands on a ebca40l those shipping prices though :*(
The link I gave above is the cheapest I have seen in 10 months.

I paid $176 in January including shipping, but it took 3 months.

believe i found one on alibaba for a touch cheaper. hopefully to have it ordered tomorrow china time. seems to be a reputable seller ill post the link after i make my purchase. also the only reason i feel its slightly cheaper is because of "SuperSeptember" shipping discount.

Purchased Yesterday.
$233 USD with shipping. its a little more digestible paid in canadian loonies.
shipping to canada so hopefully i get it within a couple weeks.

Last edited:
Just got my ebc-a40l. My English manual says max charging 35a.
What have users been charging at?

Chinese just shows 40a.

is this a 120v limitation?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 2
Just got my ebc-a40l. My English manual says max charging 35a.
What have users been charging at?

Chinese just shows 40a.

is this a 120v limitation?
40 amps, since that was the default already set, despite what the manual says.
I've done close to 75 full cycles with it, so it wouldn't seem to hurt it. I opened mine and verified the power supply would handle that. Mine has a 5v at 60 amps supply (300 watts). No, it's not a limitation of 120v.

$300 from Amazon in Aug 21 and shipped from California. Normally $250 now. I charge at 35A max, discharge at 40A max.

Back