diy solar

diy solar

CATL 271Ah (867Wh) 3.2V 6LH3L8 Cell Specs

thegoogler

[Note: If someone out there has the same CATL 271Ah batteries and has either the actual manufacturer spec sheet or has their own real-world voltage tables for this model of cells, please let me know and I can make updates to anything in this post]

I recently purchased some 280Ah cells from the LiitoKala store. They sent me 271Ah CATL cells marked as model 6LH3L8 on the QR code. In an effort to configure these are closely as possible in my Simarine Pico battery monitoring system, as well as to figure out how to maintain these between 10-90% SoC with my solar charge controller as recommended, I spent some time digging for as much info as I could on the CATL 271Ah cells. From what I've found the following data seems to be the most accurate:

1623264876042.png
TBH finding specs on these has been more difficult than I expected, and on top of that even the basic specs like maximum charge and discharge temperature will vary between many of the vendors selling these (I've seen anywhere from 45C to 65C for both values). That said the chart above implies max charging temp of 60C and a realistic (useful) charging range of about 8C to 55C. I don't know if I trust that chart, but I did find the following doc below which looks like a legit spec which (may?) help confirm it.

1623264736434.png

On the state-of-charge front, one of the charts I found was published by Deligreen purports to show 0.2C charge and discharge voltages and the respective Ah rating (which does in fact go above 271). I use the term "purports" because I've not found this chart ANYWHERE else. Also because the spec sheet which had the graphs shows a different charging temp range than the above. That said the graph seems to better mimic what I've seen in terms of voltages upon initial receipt and top-balance, so I'm going to trust this is relatively accurate.
1623265094726.png

Given the above, I attempted to map that graph (which I also found in a larger and thus higher resolution format) to numerical values that I could use to actually program stuff (because nothing takes a PNG graph as input). Since the above graphs shows 0.2C charge and discharge rates, I decided I'd use the average of the two as a starting point for what the resting voltage should be. Is this correct? I don't really know, but my batteries arrived with 3.277V on them and took roughly 20 hours to get to the point where they shifted from CC to CV (roughly 90% charge). So if they arrived with 25% SoC and I pushed to 90% that's 65% charge of 271Ah or ~176Ah added. 20 hours @ 8.5Ah is 170Ah, so the math seems pretty close.

1623265196088.png

[FYI, I'm going to use the above values to configure my solar charge controller and battery SoC monitoring systems, but as I suspect my cells are not perfectly matched and quite likely are grade B stock I will update the above in the future as I have real-world performance data]

Graphing the above the resting state charge looks like this:

1623265676619.png

If you graph all 3 values (charging, resting, and discharging) this is how they appear to overlap:
1623265700092.png

The above graph is a bit quirky since my graphing all the data points the tails (100/99/95/90 and 10/5/0) show as the same width as the 10% increments in the middle. So because I'm OCD, I re-graphed the above but calculated the average points in between the known values. This makes each data point the same width, which better reflects how we human beings think of this kind of data:

1623265816242.png
1623265898692.png

I hope this data is helpful to other folks besides me.

Attachments

• 1623264850722.png
    1623264850722.png
    444 KB · Views: 28
  • 1623264858060.png
    1623264858060.png
    444 KB · Views: 23
I’ve never seen the charge temp to charge rate stuff before. I suspect most folks here are roughly close to .2 c in their charge and discharge.
Following, thanks.

I’ve never seen the charge temp to charge rate stuff before. I suspect most folks here are roughly close to .2 c in their charge and discharge.
Following, thanks.
Personally I'm in the 0.05 to 0.1C range now, but that's because I have a 270+Ah LFP on a trailer which was running comfortably off a 100Ah SLA. I'm sure an inverter will fix that for me ;-)

And temperature doesn’t seem to be an issue at those low rates. Short term discharge peaks from an inverter likely don’t have a major impact.
You might be overthinking it.

And temperature doesn’t seem to be an issue at those low rates. Short term discharge peaks from an inverter likely don’t have a major impact.
You might be overthinking it.
Yeah, I've set my BMS to 0C-55C but I will likely push it to 60C as the upper cut-off, based on these. Aside from camping in Death Valley I'm unlikely to experience temps in excess of 55C anyway

The real challenge for me is calibrating my SoC meter and my charge controller to the correct voltages. If I want to always let the solar controller fully charge then it's irrelevant, but since I'm trying to stop at ~90% SoC it's a challenge.

This Product Specification Sheet was posted in another thread for the CATL 271 Cell Model 6LH3L8. The information is listed in both Chinese & English. It is listed as Rev 1.0

Attachments

• CATL 271ah spec sheet.pdf
    982.9 KB · Views: 57
Back