diy solar

diy solar

Chargery customer support (the good and the bad)

Henque19

Hi!

My first post to this forum, maybe the wrong place for my topic but I'm in a bit of a pickle...

TLDR: Has anyone been in contact with Jason from Chargery lately (in the last two weeks)? Is something strange going on there?

I have a sailboat where I installed an electric inboard motor. I'm using a 16s LiFePO4 battery and went with the BMS16T from Chargery because it had all the features I needed and the customer support I got from Jason was GREAT! He took a lot of time to adress all the questions I had and responded fast. I was very happy both before and after the purchase.

Unfortunately, I shorted the main unit (entirely my fault) and needed a replacement that Jason sent (after helping me troubleshoot and try to repair the broken one!!!). But it's been almost two months since it was sent (I paid for DHL shipping but got something else) and I fear the package is lost. Initially he offered to send another one, but for the past week he is not replying to my emails. It really makes me sad both because he used to be so helpful, but also because I now need to look for another solution...

Most of what I read about Chargery and Jason on this forum is positive, but I wonder is something has happened lately... does anyone else have a similar experience?

Regards,
Henrik

Hi!

My first post to this forum, maybe the wrong place for my topic but I'm in a bit of a pickle...

TLDR: Has anyone been in contact with Jason from Chargery lately (in the last two weeks)? Is something strange going on there?

I have a sailboat where I installed an electric inboard motor. I'm using a 16s LiFePO4 battery and went with the BMS16T from Chargery because it had all the features I needed and the customer support I got from Jason was GREAT! He took a lot of time to adress all the questions I had and responded fast. I was very happy both before and after the purchase.

Unfortunately, I shorted the main unit (entirely my fault) and needed a replacement that Jason sent (after helping me troubleshoot and try to repair the broken one!!!). But it's been almost two months since it was sent (I paid for DHL shipping but got something else) and I fear the package is lost. Initially he offered to send another one, but for the past week he is not replying to my emails. It really makes me sad both because he used to be so helpful, but also because I now need to look for another solution...

Most of what I read about Chargery and Jason on this forum is positive, but I wonder is something has happened lately... does anyone else have a similar experience?

Regards,
Henrik

Yes I have to say Jason has been MIA for me for about a week as well. I just made an order of 15 units I hope they are on the way. He has never disappeared on me before so I hope he is ok.

He quoted me a shipping price and when I wanted them faster said that he could send them DHL for an extra $75.00, which I paid. He sent them UPS and they took the original amount of time to arrive. No refund of my $75.00.

I don't know if this is specifically relevant but...

I operated hosting companies for 20 years, thousands of flat rate accounts, and some customers were so burdensome on my time (far beyond just unprofitable as an individual account) that I had no choice but to ignore them. I wanted to be responsive to everybody and be profitable. Pick one, right? So if you put a few bucks in someone's pocket and have consumed a lot of customer service and they suddenly stop communicating it may be because they've had to make a tough business decision.

I reckon the corollary to that is something my grandfather said to me. Never turn a fair deal into a bad deal for the other guy.

I don't know if this is specifically relevant but...

I operated hosting companies for 20 years, thousands of flat rate accounts, and some customers were so burdensome on my time (far beyond just unprofitable as an individual account) that I had no choice but to ignore them. I wanted to be responsive to everybody and be profitable. Pick one, right? So if you put a few bucks in someone's pocket and have consumed a lot of customer service and they suddenly stop communicating it may be because they've had to make a tough business decision.

I reckon the corollary to that is something my grandfather said to me. Never turn a fair deal into a bad deal for the other guy.

I see what you mean, and I might have been a major PITA but I sincerely don't think so. He was as helpful after my initial purchase as before. It's so unfortunate though, I was a very happy customer and I really want the Chargery BMS because it is perfect for my application. I even made a custom panel for the LCD module to mount in the cockpit with an "ignition" key and everything...

I see what you mean, and I might have been a major PITA but I sincerely don't think so. He was as helpful after my initial purchase as before. It's so unfortunate though, I was a very happy customer and I really want the Chargery BMS because it is perfect for my application. I even made a custom panel for the LCD module to mount in the cockpit with an "ignition" key and everything...
Try him again he responded to me yesterday

I think there is a holiday over there for a few days starting today.

I think there is a holiday over there for a few days starting today.

Dragon Boat Festival, this year Jun. 25 - 27, also called Duanwu Festival, is one of the four grandest traditional festivals in China, falling on 5th day of the 5th month in Chinese lunar calendar. The other three are Chinese New Year, Mid-Autumn Festival and Qingming Festival.

He quoted me a shipping price and when I wanted them faster said that he could send them DHL for an extra $75.00, which I paid. He sent them UPS and they took the original amount of time to arrive. No refund of my $75.00.
i quoted the freight by DHL, but when i am ready to ship you, by UPS is the fastest, if by DHL, we need to wait for the flight for many days, so our forwarder ship you by UPS. but the freight is still be 75usd. generally we ship the parcel by DHL, ups or Fedex, our forwarder choose the fastest NOT the cheapest. the parcel by USP is signed on June 17. The total delivery time is 11 days.
i hope all customers can get the parcel in the shortest time.
thanks

Last edited:
It's only the main unit that is toast, but I got the 300A version.
my forwarder told me the parcel is in your country, and you track it the parcel, the parcel is showed in your country. the logistics has a big problems due to the virus, not only the freight is expensive than before but also the delivery time is very longer than before.
sorry for the trouble, we don't control the delivery time when we delivered the parcel.
i will deliver you another one asap.
thanks.

my forwarder told me the parcel is in your country, and you track it the parcel, the parcel is showed in your country. the logistics has a big problems due to the virus, not only the freight is expensive than before but also the delivery time is very longer than before.
sorry for the trouble, we don't control the delivery time when we delivered the parcel.
thanks.
Yes the virus has affected everything I sent a package to Martinique May 6 and it still has not arrived.

thanks.

Thank you Jason!

thanks.

Just to be clear: I fully understand that I can expect delays in shipping due to the pandemic and if I had chosen cheap sea freight I would be fine with waiting two months. But I paid for DHL shipping and they seem to be able to deliver a LOT faster than that (even in the current situation).

diy solar

diy solar
Back