diy solar

diy solar

Charging 12V 50aH battery using 140V solar system - Regulator/charger recommendations.

jakomako

Hello,

I have a bore pump that runs off a local switch and is powered by 4x 34.3V 330W solar panels in series. I'm looking to make it so that I can remotely turn on the pump from approximately 5km away. Ill be using ScadaPack for the remote on/off and monitoring. I'll be using a 12V 50aH battery to power the ScadaPack, which I'm hoping to run off the solar panels that are already there. I'm looking for recommendations on what solar regulator / battery charger can be used with this high input voltage.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Please don't double post.

Is that 34.3Voc or Vmp? If it's Voc, any 150Voc controller will work. If it's Vmp, you'll likely need to bump up to a 200V.
Its 34.3Vmp. Because there will be such a small load, is it possible to use a branch connector and only use say 1 of the 34.3V panels going to a lower rated controller?

Thanks mate.

Your other thread has been removed. As already stated, please do not cross post. Since this thread has a response and the other one didn't, I'm going to move this thread to the Solar Charge Controller subforum.

Back