diy solar

diy solar

Anyone have experience with the ECO-WORTHY 48V 50Ah 2560Wh Golf Cart LiFePO4 Lithium Battery?

ECO-WORTHY 48V 50Ah 2560Wh Golf Cart LiFePO4 Lithium Battery

I am looking to build a 3kw EG4 system, but do not need very much battery capacity or the full 3kw of power. Is this battery worth a flip? There does not seem to be very much ECO-WORTHY 48V info out there, especially on this little 50AH guy. I'm also open to suggestions on other similarly sized 48v batteries or an all-in-one style 12V inverter box.

Some system and intended usage details: Just a small off-grid office shed with the smallest ~600watt window Air conditioning and a small laptop and LED lights, to only be run during daytime office hours, all AC power shut down at night. Backup generator passthrough if solar and battery cant keep up during the day also a huge plus. The all-in-one simplicity and price of the EG4 3KW is a massive plus. Large enough of a plus to deal with finding a small 48V battery over a comparable 12v system with inverter, solar charge controller, AC to 48v charger for backup. Ballpark budget of 2k USD for solar/inverter/battery.

Are you talking about their "metal box" units? I've been eyeballing them as well.. I belive they should have prismatic cells in them.. Some of their 12v 50ah batts have pouch cells..

I do wish they had some sort of breaker on those metal boxes to turn them off..

I just picked up 2. We shall see. For $800 total, I'm hopeful they work. Not for a mission critical application, so we shall see

Back