diy solar

diy solar

Is it ok to connect a 48v 100AH server rack battery with a 48v 100AH non server rack battery of the same chemistry

TonyV

I am still setting up my system, EG4 3000 inverter, I have an EG4 LifePower-4 48V 100AH battery that I am going to hook up, I can get a non server rack 48V 100ah lithium batters from a friend for a good price, my question is would it be bad to hook them in parallel to increase my AH's or is it ok? would I loose the ability of the server rack battery to talk to the inverter? Thanks

It totally doesn't matter. If the chemistry is the same, and the voltage range (number of cells) is the same, then who cares whether the cells are in a rack box, a wall box, or a DIY build on a shelf.

*edit* if you want comms, hookup may be an issue if the BMS is different. Adding the other in parallel won't affect the comms you have set up now, but not sure implications that may have for the non-comms connected battery. I get now you're wondering about mix-n-match of comms/non-comms batteries?

would I loose the ability of the server rack battery to talk to the inverter?
Your rack battery should still be able to communicate but it will likely not be able to reflect actual capacity and SoC correctly. How they are wired might matter too.

That's funny, I just replied to a similar question on another thread just 3 minutes ago! See

Back