diy solar

diy solar

48v batteries to Bluetti AC200P?

dcswindler4

Fairly new to solar here. Just purchased three Eco-Worthy 48V 50Ah stackable lifepo4 batteries as a start to a mobile hand truck or cart build with an AIO. I plan to get the Eco-Worthy 48V 5K inverter which looks to be a rebranded SRNE HYP when funds allow and it goes on sale again ($563 shipped). But since I dont have the inverter and also currently do not have enough solar panels to meet the minimum voltage for the AIO, Id like to utilize the batteries in the meantime so I would like to know if the scenario below is possible.

I have 2 Solarever 455w panels and 4 HQST 100w panels, wire like panels in series then parallel those together (~1290W max, 81.2V Vmp, 15.89A Imp), 100' 10AWG to a Victron 150/35 SCC, 10AWG from SCC to Victron 150A bus bars, 4AWG from bus bars to the 3 batteries (3 in parallel, 48v 150ah)....possibly breakers between each battery and the pos bus bar.

Could I make an XT90 female to ring terminal adapter, wire it directly to the bus bars with the ring terminals, then plug the XT90 into the OEM Bluetti XT90 to aviator plug and utilize the solar input setting to keep the AC200P topped off with the Lifepo4 batteries and still have the batteries charge with the solar panels.

Bluetti's MPPT for solar input is 35v-150v and 12A, I believe I fit within its requirements in both the batteries and current coming in from the solar panels, then bluetti's MPPT will limit current to 12A. Is this viable?

Yes, if the voltage is within the specifications you will likely have no problem doing this.

BUT quite a few people on Bluetti and EcoFlow power stations are reporting issues with doing this.
It seems like certain MPPTs in these units don't like being fed a direct voltage and the unit will constantly bounce up and down between full input Wattage and zero Watts.
As far as I know it doesn't necessarily damage the controller or anything, but the unit kind of freaks out and doesn't know what to do.

I run a 36V battery bank all day every day into my EcoFlow Delta Mini no problem, but some people with other models have issues with anything above 24V nominal input working.

So, because you already have these batteries and you are intending on getting a standalone inverter for them at some point anyways, you don't really have anything to lose by trying this method, but just be aware that it might not work as you intend.

Back