diy solar

Charging AGM on MUST PV18-3024 VPM

gizmoboss

Available:
1. MUST PV18-3024 VPM
2. 2 x AGM Battares 12V 100A

Inverter is used without solar panels
Problem with charging:
I can't set the charge current to 10A with mains power only. Charging does not work. (Minimum 20A at which mains charging starts)

How to fix it?

Thanks.

But the recommended charge current is 0.1C. (~10A) so I wanted to follow that rule.

That's very odd for AGM. Most AGM specify a 0.2 to 0.3C charge rate. Are you certain these are actually true AGM and not SLA VRLA or GEL?

Even so, If you lower your absorption voltage, you can mitigate any potential damage. ALL lead acid batteries are very tolerate of higher curents at lower voltages. @ 13.8V (for 12V), they can take a lot without bubbling.

That's very odd for AGM. Most AGM specify a 0.2 to 0.3C charge rate. Are you certain these are actually true AGM and not SLA VRLA or GEL?

Even so, If you lower your absorption voltage, you can mitigate any potential damage. ALL lead acid batteries are very tolerate of higher curents at lower voltages. @ 13.8V (for 12V), they can take a lot without bubbling.
You're right, I looked up the specs of my batteries and yes they have a max charge current of 25A
Thanks again. (y)

diy solar

diy solar
Back