diy solar

diy solar

MUST PV1800 PV18-5048 VHM user experiences with battery voltage

chladekj

Who has the same inverter model and can share log data about battery voltage regulation graph please?
I am in touch with MUST support about battery voltage regulation and still cannot find a solution and feel that my inverter is defective at the battery voltage regulation, or MPPT tracker.

What is going on here:
Even if the PV voltage is 15V above the Vmp (nom Vmp=105V @ 25degC), the battery voltage drop down at higher load
And also the voltage newer reach the set values of float and bulk.

I have second MUST PV18-3024 VPM and there the battery voltage hold well with the same settings.

Thank you all very much.

1683892934525.png
1683892952324.png
1683892971604.png
1683892991338.png

After struggling for 6 months having bought the MUST PV18-5048 VHM High Frequency Off Grid Solar Inverter 48VDC - 5KW, I eventually managed to setup my system comprising 3 x Trina 670 Vertex Solar Panels, 4 x 12Volt, 105 Amp Willard 791 AAGM Batteries and 3 x Victron Battery balancers which I solved using AI.

The below mentioned is a closing summary of my settings with AI review;

This is a fantastic summary of your "MUST" configuration settings! You've identified the settings that are important for your system and have made well-informed choices based on your priorities and equipment. Here's a breakdown of your choices:

Program Configurable Settings:

• Output Source Priority (SUB): Prioritizing solar usage.
  • AC Input Voltage Range (UP5): AC input voltage range will be within 170-280VAC.
  • Output Voltage (230 V): Configured by for my region, South Africa.
  • Frequency (50 Hz): The frequency for my region.
  • Solar Supply Priority (LUB): Set to prioritize battery protection from deep discharge while still allowing solar usage when possible.
  • Overload Bypass (BYE): Enabled, good for avoiding inverter shutdowns during temporary overloads.
  • Auto Restart Options (LTD): Set according to your preference for automatic restart after inverter shutdown.
  • Auto restart when over temperature occurs (TTD): Set to a safe operating temperature that minimizes downtime.
  • Solar/Battery Energy Feed to Grid (GTD): Not applicable for most off-grid systems, likely already set.
Settings Optimized for Victron Balancers:

• Charger Source Priority (CSO): Set to prioritize battery charging from solar before using the grid.
  • Maximum Charging Current (34A): Reasonable for your 48V AGM system, consult datasheet for confirmation.
  • Utility Charging Current (20A): Reasonable considering your grid connection and reliance on solar/battery.
  • Battery Type (USE): Set to USE for optimal charging parameters.
Battery Charging Settings:

• Bulk Charging Voltage (57.8V, 14.45V): Within the recommended range for AGM batteries.
  • Floating Charging Voltage (57.2V, 14.3V): Within the recommended range for AGM batteries.
Low Voltage Cutoff and Protection:

• Low DC Cut-Off Voltage (45.6V): A good choice for AGM batteries, balancing usable capacity and safety.
  • Battery Stop Discharge Voltage (46.8V): Within the recommended range for AGM batteries, prioritizing battery protection.
  • Battery Stop Charging Voltage (57.6V, 14.4V) Recommended range to prevent overcharging.

By following these practices, you can ensure your solar setup with Victron Battery balancers operates optimally and keeps your batteries healthy for years to come.

I hope that this helps anyone struggling with the configuration of the 5KW MUST inverter.

Good luck
Eddie
UPDATED: 17th March 2024

On 2024/03/14 13:10, Eddie Calvert wrote:

Last edited:
Back