diy solar

diy solar

Charging issue.

Ziggyabcd

Hello all. I have 2 24v 50ah batteries and a powmr 40a mppt charge controller. My issue seems to be when the charge controller reaches full and the ac inverter is on i get an error code of e-12 and the inverter beeps and will keep doing it until i shut off the inverter. The inverter is a 2000w rocksolar. My batteries are lithium as well. Any thoughts. This system is new.

I couldn't find the manual for the 2000 W 24V Rocksolar inverter .... Do you know what the e-12 code is? The 12V version only went up to E10.

Do you have a volt meter and know how to use it?

I couldn't find the manual for the 2000 W 24V Rocksolar inverter .... Do you know what the e-12 code is? The 12V version only went up to E10.

Do you have a volt meter and know how to use it?
This inverter is 12/24 v but in the manual there is no errer code in the manual. The charge controller is the one that displays the e-12 error code while the inverter beeps. This only happens when the solar fully charges up batteries. When i turn off inverter it clears the e-12error code in the charge controller. When i turn on the inverter i can run a load on it and works.

on i get an error code of e-12 and the inverter beeps and will keep doing it until i shut off the inverter
It's most likely the battery BMS is entering protection due to cell volts being too high. Reducing the charge voltage should solve the issue.
When the BMS opens the charge path, the solar controller output voltage spikes, causing an inverter 'high volts' error.
How are your batteries arranged, series or parallel and what charge voltage are you using?

It's most likely the battery BMS is entering protection due to cell volts being too high. Reducing the charge voltage should solve the issue.
When the BMS opens the charge path, the solar controller output voltage spikes, causing an inverter 'high volts' error.
How are your batteries arranged, series or parallel and what charge voltage are you using?
That exactly what I think as well. I believe equalization charge was set and set at 28v so ive fixed that. I have 2 24v 50ah wire in paralell and panels are wired in series-paralell. I figured it was one of my settings in the charge controller. Once i figured out there is no equalization charge for lifepo4 batts i fixed that. I also adjusted my float charge to a lower voltage. We shall see once the solar charges up batteries if ive fixed it or not. However i get a cloudy day today lol. So it might take awhile.

diy solar

diy solar
Back