diy solar

diy solar

Charging Lipo4

Sik-wit-it

How many Amps should I charge 24v Lipo4 batteries 600ah
I'm using 2 Hybrid 24v 3000w inverters each is set to 30 amps Utility to charge battery bank should I charge higher?

Attachments

• IMG_20240524_185518.jpg
    IMG_20240524_185518.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 13
Check the specs on the batteries, but that’s only 0.1C, I’d think 0.2C, 0.5C or even 1C would be reasonable

How many Amps should I charge 24v Lipo4 batteries 600ah
I'm using 2 Hybrid 24v 3000w inverters each is set to 30 amps Utility to charge battery bank should I charge higher?

I have a 510ah 24 volt Lifepo4 battery bank that is charged at 55 amps with the inverter/charger when needed. Takes about 9 hours 5% to 100% when charging with the inverter/charger. My solar panels are able to output through the solar charge controller at 90 amps to the battery bank, but that is for short periods during the day and 50 to 70 amps is normal while supply loads. So I charge with the inverter/charger in the lower range of the solar charge controller output to the batteries.

If your not in any hurry 60 amps is good, but certainly could charge higher (90 amps .15C) if your wiring and inverters can handle it without overheating for an extended period of time of charging. I have found that the temperature of my inverter/charger goes up quickly the higher the charging amps so if increasing go up slowly and watch temperatures. Also check the wiring and connections for hot spots.

I have a 510ah 24 volt Lifepo4 battery bank that is charged at 55 amps with the inverter/charger when needed. Takes about 9 hours 5% to 100% when charging with the inverter/charger. My solar panels are able to output through the solar charge controller at 90 amps to the battery bank, but that is for short periods during the day and 50 to 70 amps is normal while supply loads. So I charge with the inverter/charger in the lower range of the solar charge controller output to the batteries.

If your not in any hurry 60 amps is good, but certainly could charge higher (90 amps .15C) if your wiring and inverters can handle it without overheating for an extended period of time of charging. I have found that the temperature of my inverter/charger goes up quickly the higher the charging amps so if increasing go up slowly and watch temperatures. Also check the wiring and connections for hot spots.
Thank alot batteries get to around 24v by 6am my solar kicks in at about 6:30am and top batteries off and from 8 am till around 5pm house is running just off solar all free energy then batteries kick back on running house just off the batteries house 4,000sqf

That’s impressive to get to fully charged that early.

What are the cells that make up 600ah?

6 banks of 100ah or a mix mach of 50, 100, 280? Are these DIY banks or off the shelf 200ah litimes?

How does the cell delta look while charging at your current level?

I would add a few more AH to help on low solar days.

Also at this load what max current are you drawing from the bank? You are prob at the tipping point for needing a 48v system which I know would be a costly upgrade.

Last edited:
That’s impressive to get to fully charged that early.

What are the cells that make up 600ah?

6 banks of 100ah or a mix mach of 50, 100, 280? Are these DIY banks or off the shelf 200ah litimes?

How does the cell delta look while charging at your current level?

I would add a few more AH to help on low solar days.

Also at this load what max current are you drawing from the bank? You are prob at the tipping point for needing a 48v system which I know would be a costly upgrade.
I'm not at the tipping point everything in the house except the ac and the dryer.
I turned on every light 5 ceiling fans garage I was getting on Inverter 1 20 amps and Inverter 2 19 amps and that was with everything on in the house we never ever have everything on in the house like that I'm using a 400ah Lipo4 and 2 100ah 600ah total
The most I might use at 1 time is 25amps between the both together my setup has been doing good for a year now just had to do a few tweaks in the settings I'm going to add 400 more ah in the next 2 weeks

diy solar

diy solar
Back