diy solar

diy solar

Charging Lithium question

stu

I just bought a houseboat and redoing all the wiring and installing a new 300amp lithium house battery. Currently the outboard (OB) via a stator charger which currently charges the starting battery (AGM). There is an auxiliary charging line that I can connect from my OB which is designed to charge a second battery like a house battery. I will be running that charging line thru a Renogy DC to DC / solar controller. The question is, if my starting battery dies and I need to start the OB from the house battery I will turn my battery switch to the house battery but then I will have both OB charging lines connected to be Lithium battery. One going thru the Renogy and the other coming directly from the OB. I believe I shouldn't do that correct? Hope that all made sense

Hey all, I decided to just isolate the two system and if the starting battery ever does go bad I have a jump starting unit that I will use. The last question I have is can I connect the negative of the lithium battery to the same negative bus bar that the AGM battery is connected to? The positives of each battery are not wired so they can ever be connected. Thanks again for your help

Back