diy solar

diy solar

renogy dual input charger dc 30A won't stop charging after the battery is full

cathallan

Hello, Guys,

I got a new Renogy 30A dual inputs charger (alternator and solar) to charge two 100AH Lithium batteries. it charges fine, but keep charging when battery monitor says the battery is 100% full. also the charger's battery light won't turn to green(full charge) from yellow. I am worrying about fire hazard if it won't stop charging.

I used multimeter to measure battery voltage as 13.5V. solar panel charging voltage as 17V with good sun lights.

Renogy charger manual says battery light should turn to green color when it goes from bulk charge state to constant voltage charging state. what does constant voltage state mean? and what triggers it?

Renogy's customer service doesn't help at all, they don't know what they talk about.

any help will be highly appreciated! thank you.

Last edited:
Hello, Guys,

I got a new Renogy 30A dual inputs charger (alternator and solar) to charge two 100AH Lithium batteries. it charges fine, but keep charging when battery monitor says the battery is 100% full. also the charger's battery light won't turn to green(full charge) from yellow. I am worrying about fire hazard if it won't stop charging.

I used multimeter to measure battery voltage as 13.5V. solar panel charging voltage as 17V with good sun lights.

Renogy charger manual says battery light should turn to green color when it goes from bulk charge state to constant voltage charging state. what does constant voltage state mean? and what triggers it?

Renogy's customer service doesn't help at all, they don't know what they talk about.

any help will be highly appreciated! thank you.

Click this link and read the thread. You may find the answer you are looking for...

Click this link and read the thread. You may find the answer you are looking for...

thank you, will do

Back