diy solar

diy solar

Cheaper way of doing this?? Tri-Metric 2030 WIFI

ghostwriter66

"Here - Hold my Beer"
EE from LAX CA -work in SouthTX for giant evil Oil

SOOO I was sooo happy to learn that Tri-metric finally got into the 21st century (although still a few years behind) and has made it possible to hook WIFI up to your 2030 now and get readings on your phone and laptop ... My excitement was quickly kicked in the (insert appropriate parts here) when i see that they are charging $119 for the WIFI add-on ... I'm sorry but for virtually every BMS that we have modified the add-on has been less than $25 off of Aliexpress or Ebay ....

SOOOO not trying to upset the Bohart folks that monitor this forum - but has anyone figured out how to WIFI their 2030 and not pay $120 doing so ... seriously ... $120 is allot of money to most of us just for a WIFI attachment module ...

Thx

Well if we place our purchases on a strictly non-slave labor poor environmental practices plane, the price is right.

SOOOO not trying to upset the Bohart folks that monitor this forum - but has anyone figured out how to WIFI their 2030 and not pay $120 doing so ... seriously ... $120 is allot of money to most of us just for a WIFI attachment module ...

Only if one's own time is worthless. I've done essentially this, but with Victron and other SCCs with a generic ESP8266 wifi module. The module is cheap as chips, the time spent writing the program to read the default automatic data from the Victron or throw modbus commands at the others, and provide that to my own data format through wifi was not. Time spent snooping someone else's comms to see what their program requires would just make that worse.

For a company to do it as commercial option, sure, IMO do-able, but not for limited numbers of the things as the cost would never be recovered.

Last edited:
Well if we place our purchases on a strictly non-slave labor poor environmental practices plane, the price is right.

That's a big assumption though. Most electronics and consumer goods, premium or not are coming from the same places. At least the components and raw materials are.

SOOO I was sooo happy to learn that Tri-metric finally got into the 21st century (although still a few years behind) and has made it possible to hook WIFI up to your 2030 now and get readings on your phone and laptop ... My excitement was quickly kicked in the (insert appropriate parts here) when i see that they are charging $119 for the WIFI add-on ... I'm sorry but for virtually every BMS that we have modified the add-on has been less than $25 off of Aliexpress or Ebay ....

Thx
You have a link to a Backwood Solar page. Have you checked Bogart's site? They may have some promotions. They did offer the WiFi box for $99 two months ago & we bought 5 units.

That's a big assumption though. Most electronics and consumer goods, premium or not are coming from the same places. At least the components and raw materials are.
We have worked with them for the past 15 years. We know for a fact that Bogart's products are fully US made. Electronic components may come from all over the world, but rest of the components are sourced from domestic suppliers. And assembly is in their CA site in Silicon Valley.

diy solar

diy solar
Back