diy solar

diy solar

Chinese Diesel Heater does not start - no voltage displayed

Aquivion

Hello everyone,

I am living in my campervan and 8 months ago I installed this Chinese Diesel Heater into my campervan. Since a couple of days the control panel shows no Voltage anymore like in the provided picture and the heater doesnt start anymore. I've tried all different button combination and nothing even changes on the display. Only the temperature measure is always adapting. But the heater won't start at all no matter what i try. There is also no error the display is showing.

I have checked the voltage on the actual plus and minus connection inside the heater itself and it showed about 13.3 volt, which is enough power for the heater, from my understanding.

I am not sure if this red circle with the minus on the display (picture) was there before, but I dont know what it means.

Any help is really highly appreciated. I am in cold weather conditions with my campervan and i am running out of options how to get this thing running again.

Thanks in advance

Tom

Attachments

• PXL_20240110_132805637_DIESELHEATER_Control.jpg
    PXL_20240110_132805637_DIESELHEATER_Control.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I am living in my campervan and 8 months ago I installed this Chinese Diesel Heater into my campervan. Since a couple of days the control panel shows no Voltage anymore like in the provided picture and the heater doesnt start anymore. I've tried all different button combination and nothing even changes on the display. Only the temperature measure is always adapting. But the heater won't start at all no matter what i try. There is also no error the display is showing.

I have checked the voltage on the actual plus and minus connection inside the heater itself and it showed about 13.3 volt, which is enough power for the heater, from my understanding.

I am not sure if this red circle with the minus on the display (picture) was there before, but I dont know what it means.

Any help is really highly appreciated. I am in cold weather conditions with my campervan and i am running out of options how to get this thing running again.

Thanks in advance

Tom
You said it worked before.
You checked voltage inside heater, so you know battery and supply wires are good.
You said heater won't "start", I assume that means no fan etc.

Therefore, your control head is stopping it from starting.
1. Glow plug burned out or too much carbon? Couple screws and a youtube video to look.
2. Most likely your controller there died. Buy yourself an aftermarket one, the Afterburner is liked by most and is well supported in the 3 Chinese diesel heater facebook groups.
3. Buy a new heater, today it is $90 for one on Amazon.
4. Or, watch this guys videos, he has 18, then you can take it apart and check everything.

Go into the settings and change it back to 12v, that red circle often times means it's thinking you have a 24v controller installed and it's confused.

Otherwise, new remote needs to be had.

My Vevor 8 KW with the blue controller is doing exactly the same thing. Indicated voltage is zero on the controller and remote. No error codes. No functionality. I have ordered a new blue controller, motherboard, and remote ( which I sourced on Walmart.com for the incredibly low price of $11.45 shipped. I am planning on trying to replace the controller first and then the motherboard if that doesn’t fix the problem. Voltage at the motherboard input is 14, so I suspect that the motherboard is the problem. Can’t see any visual damage on the board however. The unit has low hrs, so it is unlikely that anything else is bad. Will try to update you with my results when the new parts arrive.

Hopefully you can get those square plugs to talk to the OEM triangular harnesses.
They are the exact plugs and components currently used in my Vevor 8kw diesel heater. Only difference is the color of the remote control. My current one is red.

Well, here’s the update on my situation. The new blue controller plugged right in and fixed the problem. No need to swap out the new motherboard.

Back