diy solar

diy solar

Class T Fuse watts loss or series resistance

reported heat dissipation of a whopping power loss of 14.9 watts was a 200 amp Siemens NH type fuse for the rated power loss;

the 100-amp Siemens was 6.95 watts;

the 400 amp >>> Siemens brand NH fuse >>> its power loss at the rated amperage 27.5 watts power loss and rated up to 440-volt DC

600 amp fuse would be more wasted power at 600 amps>>>>> if you were pulling 600 amps; my suggestion would be to go with a 24-volt or 48-volt inverter so not pulling the higher amps...

I am starting the journey with the NH-type fuses for use in a stationary LiFePO4 build with 24-volt equipment...

minus 3 degrees Fahrenheit this morning with 16 inches of new snow the last few days ??

reported heat dissipation of a whopping power loss of 14.9 watts was a 200 amp Siemens NH type fuse for the rated power loss;

the 100-amp Siemens was 6.95 watts;

the 400 amp >>> Siemens brand NH fuse >>> its power loss at the rated amperage 27.5 watts power loss and rated up to 440-volt DC

600 amp fuse would be more wasted power at 600 amps>>>>> if you were pulling 600 amps; my suggestion would be to go with a 24-volt or 48-volt inverter so not pulling the higher amps...

I am starting the journey with the NH-type fuses for use in a stationary LiFePO4 build with 24-volt equipment...

minus 3 degrees Fahrenheit this morning with 16 inches of new snow the last few days ??
We use up to about 100A at 24v. It's spread over a pair of lithium batteries with their own fuses. A tiny loss. Most of the time the loads and charging currents are way less.

The fuse losses are negligible compared to the inverter losses. If you are working directly with 50V DC then you may consider them, but if there is an inverter it just doesn't make sense. So I don't bother with fuse losses.
yes, >>> the if you are lucky 90 percent efficient draw from the inverter is the biggest loss for sure

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back