diy solar

diy solar

CloudEnergy 12.8v 300ah cl12-300 Battery Tear Down. Look any good?

Did you ever figure out what cell's these are ? Mine have this code for example -

00PCBA6N0IL02H
BCN0005633
Unfortunately I still have not discovered who manufactures the 00P cells.
I was hoping somebody else on here would have ran across them before.

But so far my Capacity Tests on them have been pretty good IMO.
So I'm not as worried as I was about them previously.

I ordered 4 of the 300ah Cloudenergy batteries. They claim to now have both high and low temp sensors and they removed the grade A claim from their Amazon listing. $3400 for 15kWh seems like a pretty good deal to me even if they are grade B. I plan on charging them to the high voltage cutoff and doing a capacity test on the batteries "out of the box". If they appear to be way out of balance I am going to parallel them and put them on a 1a charge for a week and see if the BMS can do anything with them on its own. It will be interesting to see if the components have changed now that they have been on the market for a bit. I am using these to run a 3kw inverter in an RV and like the metal case and form factor.

A question for those who already own these batteries, does the power switch on them turn off the BMS or just the meter and charger on the front panel?

I ordered 4 of the 300ah Cloudenergy batteries. They claim to now have both high and low temp sensors and they removed the grade A claim from their Amazon listing. $3400 for 15kWh seems like a pretty good deal to me even if they are grade B. I plan on charging them to the high voltage cutoff and doing a capacity test on the batteries "out of the box". If they appear to be way out of balance I am going to parallel them and put them on a 1a charge for a week and see if the BMS can do anything with them on its own. It will be interesting to see if the components have changed now that they have been on the market for a bit. I am using these to run a 3kw inverter in an RV and like the metal case and form factor.

A question for those who already own these batteries, does the power switch on them turn off the BMS or just the meter and charger on the front panel?
Turn off the meter and charger

Back