diy solar

diy solar

CNswipower 3200-watt 24-volt high-frequency inverter

michael d

off-grid solar pilgrim
CNSWIPOWER 3200-watt high-frequency 24-volt inverter

I ordered and received a CNSWIPOWER 3200-watt high-frequency 24-volt inverter for the lighter loads and the low idle current vs the high idle current I see with the low-frequency inverters.... (it only cost $271.16 including tax and delivery) it also includes a remote screen and some short maybe 18 inch small diameter inverter cables (useless to me as these included inverter cables are too short for my requirements) ((((November 20th, 2023 update))))

Previously, never even thought about the idle current being much of an issue but in all reality, it does waste a lot of the solar gain. and is something people should be aware of.
I have not done any measurements yet but plan to in the future...
The CNSWIPOWER has an LCD screen and appears to use no watts when off and maybe 10 watts or less on idle ( not sure about that yet...)
vs a low-frequency inverter using over 100 watts on idle or more.... so 24/7 is 2400 watts vs 240 watts on a high-frequency inverter on idle...

these are not real measured numbers but I will try to report back more later when I can give more concrete measurements....
busy building a place to get the 40HP case skid loader out of the weather before winter snow dumps on me...

I made up two 10 foot 1/0 pure copper cables today as one end is 8mm (5/16) and my busbars have 10mm (3/8 or) holes so a different lug on each end of the red and black DC inverter cables.... I like the cables to be color red for positive and black for negative.... not a requirement but easier to keep track of what is going where.
the 1/0 cable for 2 10-foot pieces cost 85 dollars on Amazon including delivery... Windy Nation is selling it on Amazon
the Selterm tinned copper 1/0 lugs in 5/16 and 3/8 set me back another 30 dollars.... or so I used some rewards points but still expensive... I bought 25 packs so will have spares for some more cables in the future....
the 1/0 copper cables have almost doubled in price over the last 4 years due to rampant inflation... so about 120 dollars for the two DIY 10 foot 1/0 copper cables...

I used the 10-ton hydraulic crimper and number 50 dies to hydraulically crimp the tinned copper lugs on each end of the 1/0 copper cables....
slow but sure, then I used the red and/or black adhesive-lined heat shrink on them to seal them in good...

my bus bars on the 32-cell 272ah Lischens are about 6 feet apart negative and positive..... (4P8S configuration for 24 volts)

that is the DIY battery build I am going to hook it up to 272 ah x4 = 1088 ah potential.....
should have no problems giving juice to the inverter as needed....

more later,,,,

Last edited:
CNSWIPOWER 3200-watt high-frequency 24-volt inverter:

Another LF inverter the Sungold Power states it has a 77-watt idle consumption for its 6000-watt 24-volt Low-frequency inverter >>>> so 77 x 24 hours per day = 1848 watts per day to leave it turned on and they say that is a low idle consumption????
if you get 4-5 hours of good sun it would need two 250-watt solar PV panels minimum to produce the watts to leave it turned on each day without depleting the battery....
just a rough ball park example...
I will check the new high-frequency idle consumption on the 3200-watt 24-volt inverter with some meters when I get time...?

John Daniel YouTuber says 10 watts on the standby idle power consumption for the CNSWIPOWER 3000-watt 12-volt inverter.
when they went to an LCD screen it had less wasted standby power over a led screen..... so became more efficient in the newer updated model.

John Daniel is a wind and solar enthusiast doing full time YouTube videos now.... check him out...

xijia CNSWIPOWER 3200-watt high-frequency 24-volt inverter:

xiJia is the company manufacturing these inverters

other people seem to like these also (at least various versions of this brand of high-frequency inverter....
time will tell..
seems some say they do not last but john daniel says his has been used over 10 years....

I just hooked up our 24V 3000W version of this unit, yesterday, the one with the LCD screen. Haven't run any loads other than a few lights so far, but looking forward to doing some real testing. The 3200 watt model looks far more beefy, seems almost double the height of the 3000w. I'm really hoping ours lasts as well as Mr. Daniel says... The low idle consumption was a big seller for me, far low than most other comparable units.

yes, I splurged year-end and ordered a 5000 watt 24-volt xijia CNSWIPOWER 5000-watt high-frequency 24-volt inverter:
the 5000-watt one was about 480 dollars in the high-frequency model.... including delivery to the rural USA of course from USA warehouse stock on eBay....

CNSWIPOWER 3200-watt high-frequency 24-volt inverter: the 3200-watt high frequency has been running continuously for about 30-plus days.... I was gone for 17 straight days and was hoping all would be ok while I was away....
definitely a beefy high-frequency model the 3200-watt one.....
some indicate that using smaller inverters for small loads and larger inverters for large loads is a lot more efficient....
this is understandable for sure..
I also have low-frequency heavy inverters that are really power-hungry in idle mode,,,, so trying to be more efficient as the battery is the most expensive part of my off-grid systems...
I am strictly using the DIY LiFePO4 cells for my battery (ESS aka energy storage system) at this time....

Last edited:
I ordered 25 packs of Temco tinned copper lugs 5/16 and 3/8 for 2awg copper battery cables and 25 feet red and 25 feet black battery cables.... found the cable was a better buy through eBay this time...all arrived yesterday>>>12/28/2023,,,, so I can make up some more inverter cables for some of the other inverter connections using my hydraulic crimper; also ordered a 24-volt cnswipower in a 1500 watt version for some lighter loads....
I think the inverters will be here tomorrow>>> maybe??? but cabling is here now.... winter upgrades coming soon.

soon could be as slow as molasses in January in the north country depending on temperatures and the amount of snow needing to be removed to care for the critters at the off-grid farm site...
I scooped snow for two days after the 8 to 10 inches of new snow on Christmas day!!!
but we enjoyed the white Christmas!!!

yes, I splurged year-end and ordered a 5000 watt 24-volt xijia CNSWIPOWER 5000-watt high-frequency 24-volt inverter:
the 5000-watt one was about 480 dollars in the high-frequency model.... including delivery to the rural USA of course from USA warehouse stock on eBay....

CNSWIPOWER 3200-watt high-frequency 24-volt inverter: the 3200-watt high frequency has been running continuously for about 30-plus days.... I was gone for 17 straight days and was hoping all would be ok while I was away....
definitely a beefy high-frequency model the 3200-watt one.....
some indicate that using smaller inverters for small loads and larger inverters for large loads is a lot more efficient....
this is understandable for sure..
I also have low-frequency heavy inverters that are really power-hungry in idle mode,,,, so trying to be more efficient as the battery is the most expensive part of my off-grid systems...
I am strictly using the DIY LiFePO4 cells for my battery (ESS aka energy storage system) at this time....
I’m thinking of getting this 24v 3200W inverter. Have you measured standby consumption and/or efficiency?

I’m thinking of getting this 24v 3200W inverter. Have you measured standby consumption and/or efficiency?
I have not measured the standby consumption or efficiency as that was essentially already done by John Daniel on his YouTube videos...
he uses mostly 12-volt things but is a straight shooter... not so much of an advertiser as some YouTube channels....

but when I compare it to other 24-volt inverters >>> the printed specifications are better for efficiency....

the low idle draw and efficiency ratings are important so I am not wasting so much solar PV power when it is not being fully utilized....
I like it and it has been running continuously (the CNSWIPOWER 3200-watt high-frequency 24-volt inverter).?

I actually have two of the 3200-watt 24-volt cnswipower HF inverters now and plan to hook up the other one when I get more of the bigger LiFePO4 battery build completed...?

It has been super cold (((30-50 below zero Fahrenheit with wind chill)))and we have had about 30-plus inches of snow to fight through in the last 25 days so some projects have been slowed by the weather or reluctance to be out in the weather anymore than absolutely necessary!!!
I did some organizing in the off-grid solar power shed yesterday afternoon...scooped a little snow but the drifting and wind was phenomenal so not much out in the wind other than taking care of the critters a few times per day...?

sorry, I have no results on idle or efficiency to share

here is a photo of the Siemens 250 Amp NH fuse next to a 355 Amp Siemens NH fuse...
I am currently working to set up the 250 Amp fuse for the 5000-watt inverter. with 4/0 copper cables to the inverter from the battery.WhatsApp Image 2024-01-22 at 3.34.10 AM.jpeg

CNSWIPOWER 3200-watt high-frequency 24-volt inverter

I ordered and received a CNSWIPOWER 3200-watt high-frequency 24-volt inverter for the lighter loads and the low idle current vs the high idle current I see with the low-frequency inverters.... (it only cost $271.16 including tax and delivery) it also includes a remote screen and some short maybe 18 inch small diameter inverter cables (useless to me as these included inverter cables are too short for my requirements) ((((November 20th, 2023 update))))

Previously, never even thought about the idle current being much of an issue but in all reality, it does waste a lot of the solar gain. and is something people should be aware of.
I have not done any measurements yet but plan to in the future...
The CNSWIPOWER has an LCD screen and appears to use no watts when off and maybe 10 watts or less on idle ( not sure about that yet...)
vs a low-frequency inverter using over 100 watts on idle or more.... so 24/7 is 2400 watts vs 240 watts on a high-frequency inverter on idle...

these are not real measured numbers but I will try to report back more later when I can give more concrete measurements....
busy building a place to get the 40HP case skid loader out of the weather before winter snow dumps on me...

I made up two 10 foot 1/0 pure copper cables today as one end is 8mm (5/16) and my busbars have 10mm (3/8 or) holes so a different lug on each end of the red and black DC inverter cables.... I like the cables to be color red for positive and black for negative.... not a requirement but easier to keep track of what is going where.
the 1/0 cable for 2 10-foot pieces cost 85 dollars on Amazon including delivery... Windy Nation is selling it on Amazon
the Selterm tinned copper 1/0 lugs in 5/16 and 3/8 set me back another 30 dollars.... or so I used some rewards points but still expensive... I bought 25 packs so will have spares for some more cables in the future....
the 1/0 copper cables have almost doubled in price over the last 4 years due to rampant inflation... so about 120 dollars for the two DIY 10 foot 1/0 copper cables...

I used the 10-ton hydraulic crimper and number 50 dies to hydraulically crimp the tinned copper lugs on each end of the 1/0 copper cables....
slow but sure, then I used the red and/or black adhesive-lined heat shrink on them to seal them in good...

my bus bars on the 32-cell 272ah Lischens are about 6 feet apart negative and positive..... (4P8S configuration for 24 volts)

that is the DIY battery build I am going to hook it up to 272 ah x4 = 1088 ah potential.....
should have no problems giving juice to the inverter as needed....

more later,,,,

Exactly the inverter I'm planning to go with, and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your experience with the unit.

Apparently, the new version takes only 10W in idle, has a CSL of about 2800W ish, and can run a load over 3kW for a certain period of time. Plus, it has an impressive single-piece heat sink.

Given it has a single larger cooling fan, would you say it's reasonably quiet?

Cheers

Last edited:
Exactly the inverter I'm planning to go with, and I'm looking forward to hear more about your experience with the unit.

Apperantely, the new version takes only 10W in idle, has CSL of about 2800W ish and can run a load over 3kW for a certain period of time. Plus, it has an impressive single piece heat sink.

Given it has a single larger cooling fan, would you say it's reasonably quiet?

Cheers
it is very quiet compared to the noisy LF inverters...., when the 3000-watt 24-volt cnswipower inverter with 2 smaller fans kicks in it makes a little sound but still not much, >>>>the 3200- watt 24 volt cnswipower inverter with the larger German made fan is a lot quieter in my opinion...but I do not have a decibel meter or anything right now...only my ears to judge the sound levels,,,

Back