diy solar

diy solar

Conext Battery Monitor Shunt stud size?

dobrzpe

ok, i scoured the internet. and came up with nothing.

i'm looking at the Schneider Conext Battery Monitor for my Schneider system and i'm trying to figure out what the darn stud size for the battery connection on the included shunt is. can't find it *ANYWHERE*. i'm guessing either 5/16 or 3/8.

it's not listed anywhere in the manual.
it's not listed anywhere in the install guide.
it's not listed anywhere on any sellers website.

i DID find a reference were they suggest 'other' shunts by Deltec on p1-6 of the manual. when i look up the 500A offering, Deltec's website says it's a 3/8" stud. but, if that's the one included with the Battery Monitor, why is it listed again in the manual? that leads me to believe that it's 'comparable' to the one included and not the exact shunt in the box...

anyone know exactly what the battery connection stud size is on this shunt?

to be clear - i don't have it yet to measure myself. i'm overseas and only home for a short period where i can't exactly wait for mail to show up. trying to do all my research now and order everything before i get home! thanks for the help everyone!

just measured the one that came in the box: i can confirm that it is in fact 5/16".

I have found good vendors like Blue Sea will answer Emails. I think Schneider would be a good vendor, but I’ve never dealt with them.

I have found good vendors like Blue Sea will answer Emails. I think Schneider would be a good vendor, but I’ve never dealt with them.
their equipment is some of the best, IMHO. but, expensive.

*HOWEVER* their customer service is absolute $%!*. from experience! LOL!

their equipment is some of the best, IMHO. but, expensive.

*HOWEVER* their customer service is absolute $%!*. from experience! LOL!
I have contacted them twice. Once for a question on a switch. That was answered immediately. The second to start a return. Never received a reply.

yea - i emailed them some questions and didn't receive responses for weeks. THEN, when i did get a response, the info they told me was wrong! THAT'S why i'm relying on this forum and the good ol' internet and YouTube now...

i really REALLY like their equipment. it's been super-solid for me.

diy solar

diy solar
Back