diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18k what stud size is the battery terminal connection?

glandpuck

Solar Enthusiast
I want to use 3/0 battery cable for connection to the inverter. I believe you are supposed to terminate the multi stranded cable with a ring terminal, using either 2/0 or 3/0 battery cable. But I do not and haven't yet found the stud size to use when ordering the ring terminal. Choices are 5/16, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8 and 3/4 inches. Does anyone have this information?

Thank you.

It is possible the older Luxpower version does have those terminals but they got changed when EG4 did their wiring box improvements.

The latest Luxpower inverter basically just connects the battery cables by putting them up into the wire space and tightening the hex head screw down to clamp the cable. I think it just maybe is an error or edit that needs to be made in the installation manual. But it would be nice to at least use wire ferrules on the cables, especially if using very fine stranded wires.

If you are using the cables that come with the batteries....do the same for your grid and gen connections too.

1. Do not pull the stripped section off until you are ready to feed it into the hole, feed it through the wireway and glands.
2. Make sure the hex screw is all the way out.
3. Take your time and gently feed the wire into the hole, try to get all 1000+ strands in if you can.
4. Crank down on the wire as hard as you can with a 6" handled hex tool, go back in a few weeks and crank again.

Back