diy solar

diy solar

Confirmation

From your schematic it appears that you intend 4 arrays (not strings since they will be wired to a SCC MPPT of their own) of 5 panels in series. (8000w) Each array you have labeled as 2000w and 48v. The 48v would not be an accurate Voc for 5 panels in series. 8000w could generate 40kWh a day or ~1200kWh a month if the sun is there.

In order to ascertain if your setup is viable the specifications for Voc, Vmp, Imp for the panels and the Voc and max PV current for the AIO's will need to be mentioned.

Can someone look over my diagram and tell me if I am sizing things incorrectly?
I have 4 Voltronic max axpert 8kw, that are very similiar if not the same that those in your picture.
Although i am not familiar with the split phase 120v us system a couple of things in your diagram ring some alarm in my head.
- I believe that the batteries have to be put in parallel and shared by the two inverters (check the inverter's manual)
- Also the inverters need to be grounded.
- These inverters when they need to work together they require a special com cable connecting them.
If you put 5 panels of 48v in series you have 5*48 = 240v dc
If you are going to get the 868kw a month that depends on a lot of factors (your location, panels orientation and inclination, etc). You can plug this info into the pvgis calculator and get an accurate estimate.

To me it is unclear why you'd want a manual xfer switch between the inverters' outputs (and maybe inputs too) and the grid. Most inverters have a built in transfer switch functionality and additionally can supplement your PV output with grid input when necessary (but the details on this will depend upon which inverters you are using). There may be some use of a transfer switch to bypass the PV/inverters when they are down, but the way this is drawn, it would appear to exclude grid input to the inverters when PV power is being used. Is that what you intended?

diy solar

diy solar
Back