diy solar

diy solar

Lifepo4 Batteries in parallel

bds70

Reading a wiki on Reddit regarding all things electrical in the battery world, came across this information.

Can someone expand on whether this is correct. I have 3 X 340ah lifepo4 batteries in parallel exactly as I was instructed by the supplier and as shown on just about every solar wiring diagram I have looked at. So am I incorrectly wired for increasing the Ah?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231215-194452.png
    Screenshot_20231215-194452.png
    265.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20231215-194511.png
    Screenshot_20231215-194511.png
    117.6 KB · Views: 13
I have 11 EG4 battereis in parallel with no issues.
If you have 3 complete identical batteries with thier own independant BMS I dont see why it wont be fine as long as you have a charge controller that will stop charging at the voltage you want.
If you are letting the battereis charge until the BMS disconnects them, I would double check the voltage you are supposed to be charging to.

Most of us have batteries in parallel on the forum. You will want the same length battery leads or perhaps busbars to keep charging and discharging diferences to a minimum.
Also make sure you have a properly rated fuse or breaker . Dont just hook them up to the Inverter without some type of safety device.

Last edited:
I have 11 EG4 battereis in parallel with no issues.
If you have 3 complete identical batteries with thier own independant BMS I dont see why it wont be fine as long as you have a charge controller that will stop charging at the voltage you want.
If you are letting the battereis charge until the BMS disconnects them, I would double check the voltage you are supposed to be charging to.

Most of us have batteries in parallel on the forum. You will want the same length battery leads or perhaps busbars to keep charging and discharging diferences to a minimum.
Also make sure you have a properly rated fuse or breaker . Dont just hook them up to the Inverter without some type of safety device.
Thanks. I am the same I have 2 MPPT controllers feeding the batteries from 2 different size solar arrays. I couldn't really understand what that excerpt was saying.

Thanks. I am the same I have 2 MPPT controllers feeding the batteries from 2 different size solar arrays. I couldn't really understand what that excerpt was saying.
If you buy new batteries, and they do not have the same charge as the old ones but are the same battery. Then you might want to be concerned about the differenct voltages. when you connect them. I think it is a good idea to let them all even out in voltage before putting the charge controller on them. I cheat, i charge the old battereis up to full (for me), then turn them off and then charge the new ones up to full and then turn them all on.
I dont personally use Wiki as the final say for anything, if that is where that came from.

also , see this thread-
forum Gurus weigh in with excellent info.

Last edited:
I agree re wiki's I was on someone else's thread when that was a link so I thought it might b worth checking out. Seems okay but I think a bit dated. Thanks for the help

Back