diy solar

diy solar

Daly Active Equalizer BT password reset?

Ivan275

I have a Daly BMS and an Active Equalizer that I set up a while back, tried to log into the BT and it looks like I don't remember the password or it no longer works. After trying a bunch of passwords I managed to get the BMS to accept a password of 222222 but the Active Equalizer will not budge, 000000, 111111, 222222, 123456, 654321 and a ton of other passwords just don't work.

For those who say the password is only on your device and not stored on the BMS, I tried uninstalling the app, tried 3 different version, 2 new devices that have never been connected to the Equalizer and I just can't get the password correct.

Is there a way to reset it? I am thinking of trying to brute force the password but I'm not sure if I want to wait 3 days for the program to run 1,000,000 possible passwords and I'm not sure if the Equalizer will keep the BT on while I try.

EDIT: Finally found some free time to brute force it. Code ended up being in the 760,000s I see how I chose it but damn...

I did it using flipper zeros bad keyboard app, an old phone with the BMS app, and a list of all the codes possible that I generated in 20k-50k batches.

1st try was just start with 000000, erase all digits adding a 10 ms delay between backspaces, adding 1 to my number and type it out 000001...(repeat) Rate of 37K per hour.
I soon realized there is a better way.
2nd try/revision was not deleting the full number but just the last digit or digits that would change, new speed was 192K per hour. Kept the batches small due to frequent BT disconnects and the fact that I needed to watch the progress so I knew what the current code was, that way I could narrow it down and reset it.

Last edited:
Back