diy solar

diy solar

DCDC inverter

amit5674

Hi all,
I'm looking for DCDC inverter. but first I would like to get explanation about it purpose and meaning. why does someone need to invert between DC to DC?
does power optimizer is DC to DC inverter? which more devices are DC to DC? there are also DCDC charge controller?
in addition, I need inverter\converter which build on transistors (and not diodes)
thanks

The use of the word inverter is usually used to mean conversion from DC to AC and usually from a low voltage DC to a higher voltage AC. A converter is the other way around.

For DC circuits you would be looking at either a buck converter from going from high DC to lower DC or a buck-boost converter for going from low voltage DC to higher voltage AC.

see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck–boost_converter

Buck boost converters will use both transistors and diodes. What do you not like about diodes? They are just half a transistor ;)

Hi all,
I'm looking for DCDC inverter. but first I would like to get explanation about it purpose and meaning. why does someone need to invert between DC to DC?
does power optimizer is DC to DC inverter? which more devices are DC to DC? there are also DCDC charge controller?
in addition, I need inverter\converter which build on transistors (and not diodes)
thanks
Not "inverter". Lots of DC to DC converters. Typical DC to DC conversion is when Unregulated (unstable) DC power (13-15 volts from alternator) is "regulated" to a stable lower voltage (say 12v or 5v). Buck converter can raise or lower DC voltage to what you need to run your equipment.

48v DC from battery is converted to 400v or more before being inverted to 240v split phase AC. Simlarly, AIO's typically take unregulated solar PV and convert it to 400V that the AIO decides whether to invert to AC, or convert to 58v to charge batteries.

Victron Orion-TR are DC-DC converters. The Victron Orion-TR Smart is the version that is a charge controller.

Back