diy solar

diy solar

Internal structure of solar device

amit5674

Hi,
I'm looking for solar devices (charge controller, inverter, power optimizer) that should be build on transistors (instead of diodes), leave the reasons why.
I've check the manual and technical spec of some products (around 5) and none of those documents contains the internal structure detailed as I need.
How can I this particular info of solar device? is there any website or even someone who know this staff and can answer?
To summarize, I'm building a solar solution that contains only transistors based components (at least the DCDC converters).
Thanks

That is a proprietary design spec. You probably won't be able to find the information you are looking for. You might find designs for generic equipment of that type. You would then have to modify it for your particular needs. Try googling "design for <charge controller>", and see what turns up. You can even look up features of charge controllers to see what bells and whistles that could be useful for you to design into your equipment.

Since you asked about dc-dc, here is a design for buck boost:

You will have to then search for ways to replace a diode with a transitor.

I think diodes may be lost in translation. There are no diode designs. There are MPPT which convert a higher voltage to battery voltage and PWM design where panel is directly switched to the battery. Almost all now use FET Field Effect Transistors and I don't think anybody uses BJT Bipolar Junction Transistors anymore.

Back