diy solar

diy solar

DDSU666 "METER TYPE" value in the 00Bh register

ee99rsp

Hi, I'm looking for a kind soul that could tell me the value stored in the 00Bh (11) holding register for a DDSU666 smart meter made by Chint. According to the DDSU666 manual it should be the "METER TYPE" value, but I cannot find any more info than this. I've asked Chint direct but after initally acknowledging my query they have not responded.

As a bit of background, I'm trying to emulate the modbus connection for a Solax SK-SU3700E Hybrid-Inverter. I've found that setting Register 14 allows me to update the Grid Power in watts (negative), but I'm also getting a CT/METER comms Error come up on the unit.

From the signals sent over modbus it is trying to read the 11 & 14 registers, messges recieved alternate between 01 03 00 0E 00 01 E5 C9 (request for power value) and also 01 03 00 0B 00 01 F5 C8 (which I hope is the METER TYPE). I'm hoping if I get the right value for the "METER TYPE" it will be happy and clear the comms error.

I've started to try some different values myself, but so far only made it from 0 to 118, it is very slow progress as I need to watch the display to see if the alarm clears.

I would really appreciate if anyone with this meter and a modbus interface/software could query the unit and post what it returns for the register.

Back