diy solar

diy solar

Defective Cell Replaced!!! Very Happy Camper...

TheGriz

More Power Scottie!!!
Once Again...Hats off to Xuba and Amy!!! I have been having an issue with one of the four 280AH LFP cells from my recent order I placed 19 March with Xuba. At the low end of the power band, below ~3.2V one of the four cells would discharge MUCH faster than the other three cells. Conversely, on the high end of the power band above 3.4v, the same cell would charge much faster than the other three cells. I am using the Chargery BMS8T, and as a result, charging and discharging would shut down because the problematic cell would hit the low and high shut triggers well before the other cells. So instead of 80% of the 280AH usable power, I had maybe only 50% (roughly approximated) of usable power.

Went through the process of working with Amy, explaining the problem and sending pics of the pertinent BMS displays. Xuba has just shipped out a replacement cell for the defective cell!!! Stuff happens, so I am not at all holding Xuba responsible for the defective cell. But I sure am happy with their customer support!!! Oh...and they sent video where they matched the replacement with the specs of my original four cells!!!

I sure wish I had the same understanding and support from Suredom when their inverter blew up on me and their high temp safety shutdown catastrophically failed, well within spec operation. Suredom is blackballed in my book. They hung me out to dry, despite their faulty inverter, which could have burnt down my house, if I didn't conduct a thorough and vigilant testing process!!! Previous post on forum on that debacle.

Xuba...highly recommend!!! Suredom...stay clear at all costs.

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back