diy solar

diy solar

Deye "grid signal"

dddem

Hello,

Is it possible to run the Deye as an offgrid inverter and only switch on the grid when needed to charge the batteries? I see in the battery setup that there is a "grid signal" feature, which could potentially be used to control an external "normally open" relay or contactor to connect the grid to the inverter when the batteries fall too low.

I realise I could connect the grid to the gen port and use the gen signal to do this, but I also have a generator which I want to switch on when the batteries fall too low AND the grid is not present.

What model Deye is this?
The Sol-Ark type models all have TOU.
You can set a low battery level that will trigger the grid or the generator to charge the batteries and then use another slot to set battery only usage once the batteries are charged

Last edited:
Deye 8kW Hybrid Inverter. Yes it has TOU but that's not the point. We have a crappy grid here with wild voltage and frequency fluctuations which destroys appliances. If the inverter remains connected to the grid all the time and the inverter is programmed for normal acceptable voltage and frequency range, the relays keep triggering and it switches the grid on and off all the time. This will end up frying the relays.

The idea is to be completely disconnected from the grid at all times EXCEPT when batteries fall too low.

The below screen has gen signal and grid signal checkboxes. It is well documented that the gen signal is used to start up a generator when needed (wire the dry contacts of the generators to contacts 7 and 8 in the wiring bay). The presence of the grid signal checkbox makes me wonder whether this signal could be used to trigger a relay or contactor to reconnect the inverter to the grid only when needed. The documentation also does not mention which contacts should be used for that (would make sense that it be 9 and 10, since 3-6 are for CTs and 7-8 is the gen signal).

Grid signal.png

Deye 8kW Hybrid Inverter. Yes it has TOU but that's not the point. We have a crappy grid here with wild voltage and frequency fluctuations which destroys appliances. If the inverter remains connected to the grid all the time and the inverter is programmed for normal acceptable voltage and frequency range, the relays keep triggering and it switches the grid on and off all the time. This will end up frying the relays.

The idea is to be completely disconnected from the grid at all times EXCEPT when batteries fall too low.

The below screen has gen signal and grid signal checkboxes. It is well documented that the gen signal is used to start up a generator when needed (wire the dry contacts of the generators to contacts 7 and 8 in the wiring bay). The presence of the grid signal checkbox makes me wonder whether this signal could be used to trigger a relay or contactor to reconnect the inverter to the grid only when needed. The documentation also does not mention which contacts should be used for that (would make sense that it be 9 and 10, since 3-6 are for CTs and 7-8 is the gen signal).

View attachment 146751
Hello,

Did you manage to find a solution for your idea ? I am thinking to do the same.

diy solar

diy solar
Back