diy solar

diy solar

Deye (Sol-ark) stopped switching AC power on - blown fuse?

kolek

village idiot
Deye 8k, previously it would activate AC momentarily and then throw F08 GDFI_relay_failure error. To solve F08 error I've wired load N to ground as recommended here, and now the unit won't do anything but show DC power from the panels. Inverter now makes no attempt to start AC power. Deye support has been absolutely useless, I've exchanged messages with them on multiple occasions. If you purchase a Deye inverter, you are on your own.

No battery and no grid hookup on this yet, just a string of 7 x 455 watt panels. The panels are in full sunlight.

Previously the unit was at least starting the AC conversion, now it's not. Could a fuse have been blown? No new errors showing. No Alert light. Only green LED is DC power.

Last edited:
One thing that seems strange is the Deye is reporting only 0.2 amps @ 324V from the 7 panels in bright sunlight. These are brand new panels. Shouldn't the amperage be way higher?

Hi i have a Deye 8k, did you do all the settings correctly... (battery settings - No battery), use backup load only, no grid, etc. as the default settings the unit will try to send power to the Grid ports (main load), etc...

again you dont have battery storage, so the power just stays in the inverter. and the invert wont convert anymore if theres no where for it to go.. is your load connected to backup load, i think you need more specifics for people to help you

@andliu thank you for responding!

I have battery settings - No battery set correctly
I don't see "use backup load only" or "no grid" setting options anywhere in the menus.
Where can I find those?

>is your load connected to backup load

There's only terminals for "Gen" which is for a generator and "Load" , I am connecting to "Load"
and that connection was working previously, it turned on an LED light once a few days ago when AC switched on for a moment before failing with the F08 error. If there is a separate terminal for "backup load" I don't know about it.

if it still doesnt work....i just checked the Sol-Ark 8k manual....for what your trying to do... it states you need batteries. i am sure its the same for the Deye version.

Where in the menu are these settings?
"limit power to load"
"use backup load only"
"no grid"

if it still doesnt work....i just checked the Sol-Ark 8k manual....for what your trying to do... it states you need batteries. i am sure its the same for the Deye version.
Well, it did actually work for a short period, the inverter did kick on a few days ago before failing with the F08 error, as I said before, so it's not totally impossible.

go into system work mode - "Zero export to load", energy pattern check load first, uncheck battfirst, uncheck grid peak shaving

All those settings were already set as you described except for "Zero export to load", which I now activated/checked.
No change.

Do I need to do anything to activate the changes other than save them in the menus, like pushing the green "power" button or switching DC PV input on and off?

Should "Signal Island mode" be checked?

I'm not living in the U.S., are you implying I tried to go cheap by not buying U.S. branded for the U.S. market Sol-Ark?
Sorry don’t mean to pile on but never ending complaints on here about how they wish they could buy Deye inverters because Sol-Arks are just clones of Deye and Sol-Ark charges an arm an a leg for them.

At least Sol-Ark attempts to help you..

Sorry don’t mean to pile on but never ending complaints on here about how they wish they could buy Deye inverters because Sol-Arks are just clones of Deye and Sol-Ark charges an arm an a leg for them.

At least Sol-Ark attempts to help you..
Agreed, maybe start a new thread on that topic and I'll chime in there.

Agreed, maybe start a new thread on that topic and I'll chime in there.
Nah it always devolves into a shit show.
Better just to let them hate on Sol-Ark.

It’s just sad because they work well and have good customer service.

I live in Canada, and got a deye 8k, it works as well as you set it up. The issue here is both the deye and sol ark manuals state you need batteries for panels to load off grid. But now op states that it worked before, it's hard to trouble shoot without battery to confirm that.

I would try a factory reset and then adjust the settings again. But those 2 others are using sol arks. There is software /firmware differences.

I know this sounds bad.... But I think you should sell the inverter and get a off grid inverter. You'll come on top and have a inverter for your needs . Ie a eg4 8k

Back