diy solar

diy solar

DEYE Sun 5000 CT clamp orientation

Spanish Flyer

Dear friends,
I know this has been discussed before, but I still don't see it clear and the problem is that different user manuals of the DEYE Sun 5000 show opossite orientations.
I now have been working on my main general cabinet and everything is disconnected, but I need to know which is the correct position because once I install the front cabinet casing I cannot change it without removig the complicated dual cabinet front case. I attach the two versions I can find (arrow pointing to the grid and arrow pointing to theinverter). Wish Deye would clear this out for once and for all.
Thanks...

Attachments

• deye manual ct clamp .jpg
    deye manual ct clamp .jpg
    871.6 KB · Views: 13
  • pointing to the grid 2.JPG
    pointing to the grid 2.JPG
    579.9 KB · Views: 13
  • pointing to the grid.JPG
    pointing to the grid.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 13
If you get the orientation wrong I believe you can just reverse the CT wires at the inverter if you cannot access the CT’s themselves.

I agree with you jfpetesn, you can invert the black and white wires on the DEYE, but that can lead to future problems when someone notices the wrong wire placing and tries to fix it by swapping them for you.. And anyway, there MUST be a correct way and that's all I'm asking for..

Plastic arrow inbedded in the CT shall point BACK to inverter.
In my manual this is also listed as such...
White in terminal 5 and black in 6. Also listed.
AND, make sure you place it on the LIVE incoming grid wire (measure) and not the neutral.

I agree with you jfpetesn, you can invert the black and white wires on the DEYE, but that can lead to future problems when someone notices the wrong wire placing and tries to fix it by swapping them for you.. And anyway, there MUST be a correct way and that's all I'm asking for..
The Sol Ark also has an auto CT detection routine that basically does this for you only internally. So it will detect the CT’s and auto orient them

Back