diy solar

diy solar

DEYE sun-8k-sg01lp1-eu configuration

Propalen

Checking the DEYE sun-8k-sg01lp1-eu manual I am unsure about how to configure the inverter to work on the following mode.

- Primary power source: PV. It will be used to power the loads and charge the battery. Any excess production will be sold to the grid.
- Secondary power source: Battery. When PV is not enough, the system will use power stored in the batteries
- Backup power source: Grid. Use only to power the loads when PV and battery cannot provide enough power. Never use it to charge the battery.
Is it possible to configure this inverter in this mode? By looking at the page 30 of the manual, it seems confusing to me if it is possible. Manual attached. Thanks

1692301418144.png

Attachments

• DEYE_sun-5-8k-sg01lp1-useu-ver2.0-deye.pdf
    6.7 MB · Views: 15
Ok I think in this part explains how to select times and battery levels to either use it to power the load or to be charged from the grid.

1692354960647.png

Yep. The TimeOfUse table is what regulates how deep you want to discharge your batteries and IF you want to charge from the grid or gen. Just to "tender" charge to avoid the batteries running out or fill up completely.
I put mine at 20% (for me with 15S batteries its 48V) and tick the grid charge. If it runs down to 48V the grid will just maintain it there until the next PV solar come in and tops up my batteries again.

Back