diy solar

diy solar

DId my Pecron S1500 just break my commercial fridge?

greengooseman

I have been running my appliance off of my 36v Chinese Pure sine wave inverter for over 3 years. I have a 17Kw 36v battery bank (42.2v when fully charged.) My inverter will go into alarm and shut off around 34.7v when 2 appliance kick on simultaneously.

When I need to charge my Pecron S1500 or E600LFP, I use my 36v bank to charge them via their solar port.

I live in Vegas and we just had "Hillary the her a cane" come thru. In preparation I had the idea that I could use the P1500 to power my appliances while it charged itself using the 36v power bank. I wanted to do this since the solar input was able to go down to 32v and the batteries BMS can go down to 27. Thus maybe giving me more usable time on my battery bank.

The next morning my commercial "TRUE" brand fridge stopped cooling. Had it repaired today. ($495) It was the thermostat probes that went bad.

Coincidence? Did the 110v output of the Pecron kill it. (My normal inverter is 120v)

The tech did ask if we had any brownouts or anything weird with our electricity. *I didnt tell him about my test. I plugged it back into the normal house outlet before I called for repair.

Technically it doesnt seem plausible for this to happen. However we had this fridge for 5.5 years (yep, only had a 5 yr warranty) and never had an issue. 24 hrs on a Pecron S1500 and this happens.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 41JWiz9fnLL.jpg
    41JWiz9fnLL.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 2.14.43 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 2.14.43 PM.png
    211.8 KB · Views: 5
no one can answer your question without testing the device for defects , but its possible. I was watching reviews of pecron seeing 110v, 60hz.. then I found out you can change both the voltage and the frequency in the hidden menu. Not even their own support was able to provide me with the correct info, you just need to figure out the combination for entering the hidden menu on your device.

I've fancied obtaining one of these 'True' point of purchase refers, knowing the inherent inefficiency of the door and seals.
Does yours have the compressor on the top or bottom of the unit?

To me it sounds like you got lucky that it worked as long as it did on "VW passat power" and when you switched to "VW beetle power" well.. I don't like VW and use it for automotive analogy often.

Back